Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Open wide!

Old 05-18-2012, 02:44 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Old 05-18-2012, 02:59 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter View Post
"An imbalance between rich and poor is the oldest and most fatal ailment of all republics"-Plutarch ...?

I shall allow him to make my life better in balance
AND...it won't cost you a dime.
All Plutarch was saying was that when any republic reaches the point of having super wealthy people hogging all the money it generally fails. Have we reached that point?
Old 05-18-2012, 03:07 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Topical?

Old 05-18-2012, 03:09 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

http://www.pics-site.com/2011/04/09/hilarious-haircuts/
Old 05-18-2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
All Plutarch was saying was that when any republic reaches the point of having super wealthy people hogging all the money it generally fails. Have we reached that point?
At his country estate, guests from all over the empire congregated for serious conversation, presided over by Plutarch in his marble chair. Many of these dialogues were recorded and published, and the78 essays and other works which have survived are now known collectively as the Moralia.

IMO he satiated his ego... which was what some men/women value more than wealth. Why else would the wealthy continue to be in the work place? Ego my friend! Ego.

As far as wealthy people go...when you and I know more of them than the struggling to survive group...I'll agree with there being an excess. I envy no one's wealth...youth...maybe.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:50 PM
Area Man

Quote:
At his country estate, guests from all over the empire congregated for serious conversation, presided over by Plutarch in his marble chair. Many of these dialogues were recorded and published, and the78 essays and other works which have survived are now known collectively as the Moralia.

IMO he satiated his ego... which was what some men/women value more than wealth. Why else would the wealthy continue to be in the work place? Ego my friend! Ego.

As far as wealthy people go...when you and I know more of them than the struggling to survive group...I'll agree with there being an excess. I envy no one's wealth...youth...maybe.
Takes one to know one?
Old 05-19-2012, 02:29 AM
Admin

Originally Posted by Amcrebelfan at Audiokarma
"If you've ever worked for a boss who reacts before getting the facts and thinking things through.....

A major steel company, feeling it was time for a shakeup, hired a new CEO. The new boss was determined to rid the company of all slackers. On a tour of the facilities, the CEO noticed a guy leaning against a wall.

The room was full of workers and he wanted to let them know that he meant business. He asked the guy, "How much money do you make a week?"

A little surprised, the young man looked at him and said, "I make $400 a week. Why?"

The CEO said, "Wait right here." He walked back to his office, came back in two minutes, and handed the guy $1,600 in cash and said, "Here's four weeks' pay. Now GET OUT and don't come back."

Feeling pretty good about himself the CEO looked around the room and asked, "Does anyone want to tell me what that goofball did here?"

From across the room a voice said, "Pizza delivery guy from Domino's."
Old 05-19-2012, 07:59 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
I don't envy them their wealth, especially the way they acquired it, but this increasing disparity has more chance to do harm to the country than good.

BTW maybe marble was more plentiful than wood, sure does not sound comforatble.

http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/...NEW091211A.htm