Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-28-2014, 06:29 AM

Possibly I am too soft on the American People

You Know I really got agitated yesterday At the Health Care situation In this Country The Greatest Country On this Planet.A lot of you Know me as being a bit soft on a Lot of Issues concerning the American Average Citasen.but The way I see it The Goverment at one time or another Has stepped on All of the Inhabitants of this Country,For the Self Interest of their own greedy Greedy Carreers,With the exception fo A small Hand full Of Leaders.

I have not always felt so Docile ,At one time I did not care at all I had mine Fuck everyone else.But Now As I see My life Dimminishing I Really See How All Americans Are Cheated By the Goverment,Past Present and I am sure Future.I think that possibly the Goverment Can Make One Gesture to Its People And Maybe Install A working Healthcare Model THat will Benefit All Americans.My Findings so far with the Health care IN place is that the Companies Are taking advantage of It and Charging Astronomical Rates for Premiums.

Maybe I am To Easy On The American People But I Think We Deserve Better,I am One Of the Lucky to have several plans In effect for me and My wife,But the Majority does not.this From A Bleeding Heart,That Is Proud To be ONe As Well As A American Citazen.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:46 AM

Maybe Some Of Our International Members Can Report In on How their Healthcare sysetems Are Working Out.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:22 AM

Nature of the beast, the beast of Capitalism and also the thought of someday being one of the chosen few who make it to the top of the heap.

Having healthcare should not be like winning the lottery for a few. Just like getting a good education both when applied effectively to the citizens will improve a country. How could having a healthy smart populaces not be so?

But then again the leaders might not want this for the voters will be harder to fool.

Don't beat yourself up about this too much. You are already seeing it for what it is. Two people can see a third, one who has a good paying steady job insurance retirement seniority. One will say I don't have this , so he should not either, just not fair! The other will say, I don't have this, why is it not more fair us all?

Barney
Old 05-28-2014, 07:36 AM

Well Yes You Re Correct,I just feel Guilty With Me not having any Problems While Others Are Desperate for Help,I do Feel Helpless.And I see Lots Of Solutions As I am Sure Most Of you Do too.But THe Goverment for their Reason Of Existance Does Not Want to Do what is Right At Least In this One Area,if Never Again.It is Frustrating But In A few Days I will Forget about it and It will be Life As Usual,That is the Hard Part.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:02 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by one1 View Post
You Know I really got agitated yesterday At the Health Care situation In this Country The Greatest Country On this Planet.A lot of you Know me as being a bit soft on a Lot of Issues concerning the American Average Citasen.but The way I see it The Goverment at one time or another Has stepped on All of the Inhabitants of this Country,For the Self Interest of their own greedy Greedy Carreers,With the exception fo A small Hand full Of Leaders.

I have not always felt so Docile ,At one time I did not care at all I had mine Fuck everyone else.But Now As I see My life Dimminishing I Really See How All Americans Are Cheated By the Goverment,Past Present and I am sure Future.I think that possibly the Goverment Can Make One Gesture to Its People And Maybe Install A working Healthcare Model THat will Benefit All Americans.My Findings so far with the Health care IN place is that the Companies Are taking advantage of It and Charging Astronomical Rates for Premiums.

Maybe I am To Easy On The American People But I Think We Deserve Better,I am One Of the Lucky to have several plans In effect for me and My wife,But the Majority does not.this From A Bleeding Heart,That Is Proud To be ONe As Well As A American Citazen.
I have to agree that our for profit Health Care System is a National Disgrace.

If I could only change one thing about the U.S. it would be to implement a system like they have in Canada or most of Western Europe.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:18 AM

That always comes Up,the health care Plans of Europe and Canada,I know the reason the Goverment does not try and implemint it here But I am Sure If they did It would Be A Massive Move in the right direction,I have a sneaking Suspcian If Hillary gets control Of the white House She is going to make some Drastic Changes.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:14 AM
Persona non grata

Even our government run single payer program, Medicare, falls short of what we need. But I'd still support expanding it to cover everyone, as a step in the right direction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...ealth_Care_Act

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/five-m...171627975.html

Quote:
Medicare doesn't cover what you think it does.

It's no secret that health costs are a major burden, but many people wrongly assume that once they pass 65, Medicare will be there to deal with the problem.

Not even close. Traditional Medicare, the federal health insurance program, covers on average just 48% of an enrollee's health costs, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation.

There are routine costs Medicare generally doesn't cover, such as eyeglasses and hearing aids. Dental care, where it's easy to rack up bills totaling thousands of dollars for a root canal, isn't covered. Retirees still have to pay deductibles, which when dealing with a chronic or serious illness can quickly run up the tab.

The biggest problem: Medicare doesn't cover the cost of a long-term-care facility or of home health-care aides. Shirley Whitenack, an elder-care attorney in Florham Park, N.J., says many retirees need a Medicare supplemental insurance policy, otherwise known as Medigap.

According to Kaiser, the average Medigap premium was $2,200 a year in 2010. But premiums vary by age. At 80, beneficiaries paid 52% more than 65-year-olds. "It is important to budget the cost of a Medigap policy in the retirement years," Ms. Whitenack says. Even then, she notes, Medigap policies won't cover nursing-home care.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post

If I could only change one thing about the U.S. it would be to implement a system like they have in Canada or most of Western Europe.
And then I would nominate you for President of The United States.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:28 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post

Unfortunately Tom you would also have to implement a Parliamentary system of government for that to happen.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:47 PM

Welcome Back Rob, May I ask why could we not just adopt the good parts of their Insurance plans and work them into a working model of our own. Why would it take having a Parlimentary system(which I know Zilch About)