Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:34 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
I hoped that he had believed that.
His own actions prove he didn't, or the outcome from Iran-Conta would have been much different.

But, then, he was a professional liar. And a damn great one at that.

Dave
Old 12-04-2013, 08:39 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by one1 View Post
Every woman should have four pets in her life. A mink in her closet, a jaguar in her garage, a tiger in her bed, and a jackass who pays for everything.
Paris Hilton

Now thats a real woman!!!
You have a warped sense of greatness.

Here's greatness; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjSTQwamo8M

Dave
Old 12-04-2013, 09:05 AM
Resident octogenarian

O wad some Power the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!
It wad frae monie a blunder free us
An foolish notion:
What airs in dress an gait wad lea'es us,
An ev'n devotion!

Robbie Burns
Old 12-04-2013, 09:07 AM

Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future shall any of us cease to be.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:24 AM
Area Man

"....they are unanimous in their hatred for me and I welcome their hatred." --- FDR
Old 12-04-2013, 09:26 AM
Area Man

"I have pleaded your case from the pulpit and from the public platform--not in the quavering tones of a feeble mendicant asking alms, but in the thundering voice of the captain of a mighty host, demanding the rights to which free men are entitled."

John L. Lewis
Old 12-04-2013, 09:37 AM
Area Man

"The man who has his millions will want everything he can lay his hands on and then raise his voice against the poor devil who wants ten cents more a day."

"Show me the country that has no strikes and I'll show you the country in which there is no liberty."

"Do I believe in arbitration? I do. But not in arbitration between the lion and the lamb, in which the lamb is in the morning found inside the lion."

Samuel Gompers
Old 12-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Resident octogenarian

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Allow the president to invade a neighboring nation, whenever he shall deem it necessary to repel an invasion, and you allow him to do so whenever he may choose to say he deems it necessary for such a purpose - and you allow him to make war at pleasure.

(Precisely what Jame Polk did with his Manifest Destiny.)

Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.

These capitalists generally act harmoniously and in concert, to fleece the people.

"The legitimate object of government is to do for people what needs to be done." Lincoln made these comments on what role the government should play on July 1, 1854. Lincoln asked why government exists. "Why not each individual," he said, "take himself the whole fruit of his labor, without having any of it taxed away , , , ?" He answered saying that government should do what people cannot do by individual effort. Lincoln cited many examples of things that people cannot do on their own: making and maintaining roads and bridges, providing for the helpless, providing schools, and disposing of the deceased's property. Other responsibilities of government, Lincoln pointed out, are because of the "injustice of men." These responsibilities include the forming and maintaining of the military, police, and civil departments. Lincoln said the government should protect its citizens and prevent them from committing wrongs. He said it was not the government's place to redress the wrongs of the world, but it "may, and ought to, redress all wrongs which are wrongs to the nation itself."

Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by merrylander; 12-09-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:57 AM

Awright,you guys are dropping them hard. here is another

I'm basically different things to different people. If it's a guy, I'm-a probably have my guard up because it's a street rule that when men come around that I don't know, I just immediately throw shade on them. But I don't associate with fellas all that much; if it's a girl - a beautiful girl - I be nice.
The Notorious B.I.G.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:01 AM

Since you guy's like to pick on my boy,

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
Ronald Reagan