Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-21-2019, 09:09 AM

Thanks. Been “practicing” retirement for a couple weeks now. Fully intend to stay extremely healthy; I’m the same height as our fake president*, but tens of pounds lighter, and healthier. Walking everywhere, especially enjoy birding at the nearby nature trail along a creek. Getting better every day at nature photography, one of many hobbies that will keep me busy. Already being asked to submit resumes by several recruiters I’ve known for years, but don’t really need the money. Maybe if I get bored; unlikely.
Old 03-21-2019, 09:59 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Thanks. Been “practicing” retirement for a couple weeks now. Fully intend to stay extremely healthy; I’m the same height as our fake president*, but tens of pounds lighter, and healthier. Walking everywhere, especially enjoy birding at the nearby nature trail along a creek. Getting better every day at nature photography, one of many hobbies that will keep me busy. Already being asked to submit resumes by several recruiters I’ve known for years, but don’t really need the money. Maybe if I get bored; unlikely.
Before retiring, I thought I might consult somewhere between 30-50% of the time in order to stay active and engaged (I too don't need the money). However, I told my wife that I would only accept an offer with the right work, people, time and place. The first 5-6 offers over the first year weren't ideal, so I passed on them.

After about a year, I got an absolutely perfect offer (litigation support/expert witness work for construction industry lawsuits/claims, structural collapses and/or fatalities for a former colleague's company). By the time the offer came, I had fully adapted to retirement and was no longer interested.

Now my days (while not traveling (we typically travel overseas 2x annually)) consist of working out before lunch (exercise bike, swimming, weightlifting), afternoon hikes in the nearby hills (or at the gun range), and cooking a nice dinner to enjoy with a good bottle of wine. I've found that it has become really easy to have 2-3 hours of activity to fill up a whole day.

Enjoy it, Chicks. It's awesome.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:12 AM

Kentucky Governor Says He Exposed His 9 Kids To Chickenpox Instead Of Vaccinating Them

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...b08c4fec33a18f

Sigh. He’s a Repube, naturally.
Old 03-21-2019, 08:12 PM

Pompeo suggests Trump was put on Earth to save the Jews: ‘As a Christian, I believe it’s possible’

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/03/pom...ieve-possible/

You can't make this shit up. Sigh.
Old 03-21-2019, 09:24 PM
Admin

Wisconsin judge slaps down lame duck Republican power grab as unconstitutional.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.03f818398927
Old 03-25-2019, 09:24 PM

Aside from the obvious, the turnabout hypocracy this represents as a defence of a Hitlerian acolyte is just dumfounding:
Congressman Quotes Anti-Semitic Hitler Passage In House To Attack Democrats, Press
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mo-br...b0743555497620
Old 03-25-2019, 10:24 PM

Same bullshit coming from the Trump campaign...

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/25/trum...er-report.html

Quote:
Trump's re-election campaign sends a memo to television producers on Monday instructing them to "employ basic journalistic standards when booking" six current or former government officials that the campaign said "made outlandish, false claims, without evidence" while on air.

The memo targets four Democratic lawmakers, including Sen. Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut and Rep. Jerry Nadler of New York, as well as Democratic National Committee Chairman Tom Perez and former CIA Director John Brennan.
"Basic journalistic standards". This from Trumpkins, the same folks in bed with Faux "News" and Limblow. Outrageous!
Old 03-26-2019, 07:56 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Same bullshit coming from the Trump campaign...

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/25/trum...er-report.html

"Basic journalistic standards". This from Trumpkins, the same folks in bed with Faux "News" and Limblow. Outrageous!
From the memo to TV producers:

"The only way to interpret these conclusions [Mueller and Barr reports] is as a total and complete vindication of President Trump."

Six individuals are then named, Democratic Senators/Representatives, the DNC Chairman, and a former CIA Director.

I'll quote the remainder of the memo in it's entirety:

Quote:
Moving forward, we ask that you employ basic journalistic standards when booking such guests to appear anywhere in your universe of productions. You should begin by asking the basic question:

“Does this guest warrant further appearances in our programming, given the outrageous and unsupported claims made in the past?”

At a minimum, if these guests do reappear, you should replay the prior statements and challenge them to provide the evidence which prompted them to make the wild claims in the first place. The American people have been bombarded by these accusations, through the media, for two long years. They have been told that their legitimately elected president had colluded with Russia – a claim proven to be false. At this point, there must be introspection from the media who facilitated the reckless statements and a serious evaluation of how such guests are considered and handled in the future. [emphasis added]
The Trumpublicans clearly feel very strengthened now. I wonder if Mueller foresaw his report being used as rationale for muzzling the President's critics in the media?

The memo, to be sure, is just from Trump's campaign, not from an actual government official. But the cries of LYING MEDIA, at least, are going to be 1000 times more shrill than in the past. And the next letter might come from the FCC or the DOJ.

Of course, even if there had been lies, the first amendment would have still applied. Otherwise, the whole right-wing media machine could not exist. Fox has explicitly asserted its right to lie in court.

And "proven to be false," above, is itself a lie.

Last edited by donquixote99; 03-26-2019 at 08:00 AM.
Old 03-26-2019, 04:24 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
From the memo to TV producers:

"The only way to interpret these conclusions [Mueller and Barr reports] is as a total and complete vindication of President Trump."

Six individuals are then named, Democratic Senators/Representatives, the DNC Chairman, and a former CIA Director.

I'll quote the remainder of the memo in it's entirety:

The Trumpublicans clearly feel very strengthened now. I wonder if Mueller foresaw his report being used as rationale for muzzling the President's critics in the media?

The memo, to be sure, is just from Trump's campaign, not from an actual government official. But the cries of LYING MEDIA, at least, are going to be 1000 times more shrill than in the past. And the next letter might come from the FCC or the DOJ.

Of course, even if there had been lies, the first amendment would have still applied. Otherwise, the whole right-wing media machine could not exist. Fox has explicitly asserted its right to lie in court.

And "proven to be false," above, is itself a lie.
Just voices of the parties. They should love Trump; he saved them.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:24 PM
Ready

They should pay for the bullets when he has them shot, even.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=GQjIM8ssVdw

Last edited by donquixote99; 03-26-2019 at 07:27 PM.