Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-18-2014, 05:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Of course it becomes a big deal if it is perceived that a cop shot someone while that person has his hands in the air in a surrendering position.
Reckon how many young black men were shot in the head with their hands in the air by some mother's innocent son...or how many 12 year olds were shot in the head without even having a chance to put their hands up, because they got stuck in the middle of a beef between two neighborhood mother's innocent sons.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:56 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
After 100 pages of assassin racist coppers running wild in the streets, but looting is understandable...I was starting to think I'm nuts.
I'd say 50 pages of assassin racist coppers running wild in the streets, and 50 pages of noble courageous cops blowing away cop-assaulting entitled big fat thievin' thugs.

I'd say it that way out of concern to be fair and balanced.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:03 PM
Ready

Quote:
Half my caseload for 20 years as a social worker was minority single mom's on public assistance living in section 8 housing. So please man...don't lecture me on what I understand and what I don't understand. I understand fine. I understand mothers who were tough as nails and at the first sign of their kid going in the wrong direction they were on him like a bad rash. I also understand the mothers who's kid was turning into, or had already turned into a gangbanger thuggish asshole...crying about how he had been turned by "the bad element in my neighborhood."

When the tough mom's kid did something really bad, like kicking a door off the hinges or punching a hole in the wall because she grounded him for a month for being a little shit...y'know what she did? She called the white racist assassin cops in Wheaton,IL, who dragged the little fucker down to the station and stuck him in a room for four hours, while the youth officer sat down with the mom and asked her if she actually wanted to file criminal damage to property charges on him, or if maybe she just wanted to see if this little intervention (with the racist assassin police) might turn him around, and help him extract his head from out of his ass.

So let's not have anybody else try to pitch to me that America is full of killer cops just waiting to gun down the next innocent young black man. Because it's bullshit.

PS - The not so tough mom would be in my office when her kid acted out, crying and saying she didn't know what to do. So we talked about what she could do. And more often than not, she couldn't do what she needed to do. So I'd spend some time with the kid...who typically already had the bad 'tude in spades (you'll excuse the expression), had already done some juvi time, and I knew he was probably already fucked. The best I could hope for was that down the road some day he might write me from prison saying "there's only me to blame 'cause mama tried."
Do you think no cop could ever do anything wrong? Of course you don't.

I don't think all cops at all times are racist assassins.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Half my caseload for 20 years as a social worker was minority single mom's on public assistance living in section 8 housing. So please man...don't lecture me on what I understand and what I don't understand. I understand fine. I understand mothers who were tough as nails and at the first sign of their kid going in the wrong direction they were on him like a bad rash. I also understand the mothers who's kid was turning into, or had already turned into a gangbanger thuggish asshole...crying about how he had been turned by "the bad element in my neighborhood."

When the tough mom's kid did something really bad, like kicking a door off the hinges or punching a hole in the wall because she grounded him for a month for being a little shit...y'know what she did? She called the white racist assassin cops in Wheaton,IL, who dragged the little fucker down to the station and stuck him in a room for four hours, while the youth officer sat down with the mom and asked her if she actually wanted to file criminal damage to property charges on him, or if maybe she just wanted to see if this little intervention (with the racist assassin police) might turn him around, and help him extract his head from out of his ass.

So let's not have anybody else try to pitch to me that America is full of killer cops just waiting to gun down the next innocent young black man. Because it's bullshit.

PS - The not so tough mom would be in my office when her kid acted out, crying and saying she didn't know what to do. So we talked about what she could do. And more often than not, she couldn't do what she needed to do. So I'd spend some time with the kid...who typically already had the bad 'tude in spades (you'll excuse the expression), had already done some juvi time, and I knew he was probably already fucked. The best I could hope for was that down the road some day he might write me from prison saying "there's only me to blame 'cause mama tried."
it is not a matter of understanding,there is a cultural difference and a tender nerve all blacks share regarding the way they have been treated by the government structure and law enforcement.it has nothing to do with understanding and what you have seen at your desk or in the field,it is what it is,Hell I do not understand it either.I know you are a passionate contributor here.but think about it for a minute with a clear head.it is very sad but it is the truth,well at least from my view of things from my vantage point.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:33 PM

Life is just circumstance someday one of us could be in such a circumstance
Old 08-18-2014, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Shaquise Buckner 16, was shot to death in Chicago's Englewood neighborhood Saturday night. The honor student was the victim in a drive by incident. She had no arrest record, but was walking with a boy who had apparently had a run in with a neighborhood gang member.

Reckon if we will see 100 pages of reaction to this senseless murder. Reckon we'll see 2 pages. Reckon we'll see 2 replies?
The victim was not shot under color of authority. Plus the subject in the Ferguson shooting allegedly had his hands in the air.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Can I get a little angry? Where's the rioters and protestors, the vast indignance from the locals?

Pete
Well
having been Iraq for six months I can tell you one thing: people love security most of all.
If I was in Ferguson I would be hanging out in my basement until this thing blows over with occasional visits to Winn Dixie (or Price Chopper) for cheap bottles of vodka.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Izzatso? I'm thinking, when we gonna get the thousands of people out in the streets demonstrating against the Chicago PD for not arresting the innocent young teenage neighborhood boys for blowing this poor kid away, eh TJ? When we gonna get the burning and looting? When we gonna get the ministers on TV chastising mom and dad for raising monsters who victimize their own people to the point where they make the cops look like John the Baptist washing the disciple's feet.

There's only one reason why we have 100 pages of 18 and dead. With not a word about allegedly innocent neighborhood people taking advantage of their dead 18 year old brother to loot a liquor store because they're "upset". 100 pages has nothing to do with justice or reason or the realities of the real world. Nothing to do with gangbanging scumbags that police have to deal with day after day and when they do, when they get one of the bad guys, what we get is some minister standing next to some absentee tearful mother on the TeeVee crying about what a good boy her gangbanging asshole child was and how the police murdered her baby.

What a steaming pile of horseshit.

But then again 12 whole responses in the time we got 40 over in the other thread. Maybe I'm being unfair to you people.

Ok Ike Bana

let us just say for the sake of argument Wilson is indeed convicted on some sort of wrongful use of deadly force charge. How does black on black crime have anything to do with another completely unrelated murder or manslaughter incident?

You are almost saying since there is a high degree of black on black crime that a black man's life may not be as valuable because of that. And just because there are many in Ferguson that are upset with Brown's death does not mean that the person in your OP is not as missed by her family and community.

Some of you guys are really starting to make me worry.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Do you think no cop could ever do anything wrong? Of course you don't.
Did I fucking say that?

Oh no!!! You're a TJ sock. Busily sticking your half-assed words in somebody else's mouth.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Ok Ike Bana

let us just say for the sake of argument Wilson is indeed convicted on some sort of wrongful use of deadly force charge. How does black on black crime have anything to do with another completely unrelated murder or manslaughter incident?

You are almost saying since there is a high degree of black on black crime that a black man's life may not be as valuable because of that. And just because there are many in Ferguson that are upset with Brown's death does not mean that the person in your OP is not as missed by her family and community.

Some of you guys are really starting to make me worry.
I don't know why you'd be worrying about me. I'm doin' just fine, but thanks for our concern. Let's say Wilson is the ultimate bad cop, hates colored people, and just decided to blow Michael Brown away because he thought he could get away with it. Fine...let's drag him off to jail and put a needle between his toes. That's the end of it then.

But no...no it isn't. Wilson is just the tip of the racist cop assassin iceberg, eh icenine? (Sorry, I couldn't resist. What is that onomatopoeia or alliteration? I could never get those two straight. Onomatopoeia...onomatopoeia...onomatopoei-on you.) Far and wide, all across the fruited plain are racist assassin coppers just looking for an innocent convenience store thug robber upon whom to commit his racist assassin street justice. Then we can have excusable looting of liquor stores and beauty supply retailers right in everybody's neighborhood. Why should this be limited to the retailers in economically depressed neighborhoods. Why should they be the only ones reaping the benefit of Americans exercising their right to free expression of their frustration??? To hear TJ tell it anyways.

Just this afternoon I heard our liberal hero and President befouling our lofty progressive creed. Suggesting that those taking advantage of the truly "upset" folks of Ferguson, and using the situation as an excuse for burning, looting, and all sorts of thuggery need to be weeded out and exposed. Hey!!! Looters have feelings too goddamnit!! What kind of liberal is this guy?? The liquor store looters just prefer a bottle of Blackjack to an hour in an office with me quietly working out their bitter frustration.