Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:53 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Never heard of it DQ

I caught a thing on the news a month or two ago, many kids in the hood have PTSD.

Pete
Old 08-18-2014, 03:55 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Btw I'm not trolling DQ, and I doubt Ike is either. It does get me angry.

The real reason it doesn't get any play is, it doesn't push any real buttons, and it doesn't suit any of the main player's agendas.

So, they'll be some flowers and stuffed animals on a spot on the sidewalk, and it'll happen again next week.

Pete
You're righteously angry, over something or other, but 'those people' just have buttons being pushed?

I give up.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:01 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Hey computer program, no real questions!

Besides I didn't say 'those people'. And it obviously pushes my button. The joker said it best, something like if it's normal, or expected, no one gets upset, even if it's horrible.

The people that live there have a lot to do with it too. There is one way to increase security in the bad neighborhoods - more police. If you can afford them. The bad guys know it so they work to vilify them, and the cops don't 'always' prove them wrong either.

Pete
Old 08-18-2014, 04:19 PM

it is futile for most of you to comprehend, the main reason is your White, trying to understand a black problem,and yes it is a problem with deep roots into the nerves of the black community.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:28 PM
Ready

Pete, I agree completely that 'bad becomes normal' explains how a lot of bad just doesn't register as a problem that needs to be addressed.

It's a key to finding things to improve in all sorts of contexts.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Let me just get this straight.

A cop shoots a guy. Says he was assaulted. Guy is shown to be something of a thug. No real evidence of any wrongdoing on the cops end.

Mass riots. City burning. Gnashing of teeth.

A thug shoots a girl. Honor student. 16 years old. Maybe stands a chance of getting the hell out of there.

No worries, nothing to see, move along.

Am I the only one who sees a problem with this? [edit - no]

Pete
After 100 pages of assassin racist coppers running wild in the streets, but looting is understandable...I was starting to think I'm nuts.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by one1 View Post
it is futile for most of you to comprehend, the main reason is your White, trying to understand a black problem,and yes it is a problem with deep roots into the nerves of the black community.
Half my caseload for 20 years as a social worker was minority single mom's on public assistance living in section 8 housing. So please man...don't lecture me on what I understand and what I don't understand. I understand fine. I understand mothers who were tough as nails and at the first sign of their kid going in the wrong direction they were on him like a bad rash. I also understand the mothers who's kid was turning into, or had already turned into a gangbanger thuggish asshole...crying about how he had been turned by "the bad element in my neighborhood."

When the tough mom's kid did something really bad, like kicking a door off the hinges or punching a hole in the wall because she grounded him for a month for being a little shit...y'know what she did? She called the white racist assassin cops in Wheaton,IL, who dragged the little fucker down to the station and stuck him in a room for four hours, while the youth officer sat down with the mom and asked her if she actually wanted to file criminal damage to property charges on him, or if maybe she just wanted to see if this little intervention (with the racist assassin police) might turn him around, and help him extract his head from out of his ass.

So let's not have anybody else try to pitch to me that America is full of killer cops just waiting to gun down the next innocent young black man. Because it's bullshit.

PS - The not so tough mom would be in my office when her kid acted out, crying and saying she didn't know what to do. So we talked about what she could do. And more often than not, she couldn't do what she needed to do. So I'd spend some time with the kid...who typically already had the bad 'tude in spades (you'll excuse the expression), had already done some juvi time, and I knew he was probably already fucked. The best I could hope for was that down the road some day he might write me from prison saying "there's only me to blame 'cause mama tried."
Old 08-18-2014, 05:27 PM
Jigsawed

Of course it becomes a big deal if it is perceived that a cop shot someone while that person has his hands in the air in a surrendering position.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:28 PM

Let's pose the questions this way.

How may unarmed black teens get killed daily by white cops?
How many black teenagers get killed daily due to gang violence?

There you have it. It's a matter of numbers and in the first instance we also have the race card dealt face up. I am by no means condoning nor justifying the rioting, just rationalizing the situation after the fact.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Never heard of it DQ

I caught a thing on the news a month or two ago, many kids in the hood have PTSD.

Pete
Y'know Pete...I don't know how any kids make it out of those neighborhoods. Well...actually I do...they have a mom, or if they're extremely lucky, two parents who won't stand for any bullshit. And if the neighborhood is bad enough they find a way to get themselves out of that neighborhood.

The blonde was a Chicago public school teacher on the west side for 17 years until it finally overwhelmed her and she couldn't take it anymore. One day in February probably 1972 or so, against the rules, she did a home visit. Walked into the apartment building, there was a hint of heat. There were strings running down to a ring at the bottom of the stairs with the family name on each string. When you pulled it, a bell rang upstairs next to their door, if somebody hadn't ripped off the bell, or if the string hadn't broke. So she pulled the string and the mom called her up. She went up to the apartment, which was just warm enough that there was no frost on your breath. The mom had 5 kids, one in the blonde's 5th grade class. And she was so proud to show the blonde that she had been able to come up with 5 milk crates so that each kid had their own milk crate for their clothes and there weren't any more fight's in the morning over socks or underwear. Sometimes the toilets worked, mostly they kept a bucketfull of water next to the toilet.

One time the blonde broke up a fistfight between two 7th graders...three hours later a mom showed up drunk on cheap vodka with a pistol in her hand looking for the white bitch with the skinny legs who laid hands on her son. They hid her in the school's walk-in safe until the cops showed up.

I got hundreds of these stories from her. The day Dr. King was murdered. The day some asshole 8th grader kid's uncle beat a male teacher within an inch of his life with a 2X4 in the school parking lot. She should write a book. But she'd just be called a racist...so fuck that.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 08-18-2014 at 05:39 PM.