Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:25 PM

More California Craziness

California sucks more by the day. I had to read this twice because I could not believe that anyone would enact such an ordinance. It was already illegal , but these assholes raised the fine. Really Frisbee and footballs at the beach. Once gain a government body enacting legislation trying to achieve ideal safety. Slowly and continuously the fetters are tightened on formerly free people.

I really think we need an ordinance limiting home stereo volume to, say, 65db. All equipment manufacturers would need to comply. I'm sure some people somewhere damage their hearing and more importantly the hearing of their children and others.

Quote:
The Board of Supervisors this week agreed to raise fines for anyone who throws a football or a Frisbee on any beach in Los Angeles County.

In passing the 37-page ordinance on Tuesday, officials sought to outline responsibilities for law enforcement and other public agencies while also providing clarification on beach-goer activities that could potentially disrupt or even injure the public.
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/...ee-on-beaches/

Last edited by bhunter; 02-09-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:33 PM

More silliness we do not have the resources to enforce. I am happy to be a good 12 hours driving distance from sunny LA.

Carl
Old 02-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Admin

Just look at your local city code for noise ordinance. The standards are lower than 65db where I live. I know that there are frisbee golf courses and football fields most everywhere. Why should one group take over anothers playing field? So, flip the coin. Is it oK to sunbathe in the middle of a football field?

Should anyone be subjected to running a guantlet of flying projectiles just to go build a sandcastle? or surf ? or to go fishing? It's rude entitled dicks that make such laws possible. This isn't about playing a game of catch.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
California sucks more by the day. I had to read this twice because I could not believe that anyone would enact such an ordinance. It was already illegal , but these assholes raised the fine. Really Frisbee and footballs at the beach. Once gain a government body enacting legislation trying to achieve ideal safety. Slowly and continuously the fetters are tightened on formerly free people.

I really think we need an ordinance limiting home stereo volume to, say, 65db. All equipment manufacturers would need to comply. I'm sure some people somewhere damage their hearing and more importantly the hearing of their children and others.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/...ee-on-beaches/
It is a revenue enhancement measure.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 02-09-2012, 04:51 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
More silliness we do not have the resources to enforce. I am happy to be a good 12 hours driving distance from sunny LA.

Carl
It's a smart man that takes the scenic route from say Fremont to LA or was that you I was stuck behind on the 5 fwy doin' 55.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:57 PM

1984 was the last time I drive to LA.

Carl
Old 02-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
1984 was the last time I drive to LA.

Carl
OK, OK.... So you were doin' 37.8 mph with a two hour three martini lunch.It was still built by the WPA.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Just look at your local city code for noise ordinance. The standards are lower than 65db where I live. I know that there are frisbee golf courses and football fields most everywhere. Why should one group take over anothers playing field? So, flip the coin. Is it oK to sunbathe in the middle of a football field?

Should anyone be subjected to running a guantlet of flying projectiles just to go build a sandcastle? or surf ? or to go fishing? It's rude entitled dicks that make such laws possible. This isn't about playing a game of catch.
Nice post!
Old 02-09-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post

If people had some common courtesy, then there would not be a problem. The solution needs to be directed at the inconsiderate and not the activity. I lived 100 yards off the beach for 13 years and never saw any disrupting behavior caused by soccer, football, or Frisbee. The problems were an occasional drunk and all the assholes that would leave their litter behind. Playing games, sun bathing, drinking, cooking, sitting by a fire ring were all once common beach activities; however, slowly all have been taken away by our benevolent government.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:38 PM

So once again a few A$$ holes abuse privileges thus causing a harsh remedy effecting the majority with manners.

Barney