in keeping this site going.

Old 12-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Of course oil Finn!

How though, in relation to that oil?

Pete
Preventing Saddam from controlling the oil instead of the House of Saud. FWIW, it was Saudi oil money that indirectly funded the 9/11 terrorists, not Saddam. Pick your poison, I suppose.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Indeed. :yes:

Pete
Old 12-01-2010, 02:18 PM
Resident octogenarian

The part I don't get is this "winning the hearts and minds" crap. I don't care if they hate me, but if they knock down more buildings maybe we should level a few cities.

The odds on winning the hearts and minds of thos savages are similar to the future of a snowball in hell.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:31 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Reminds me of the invading aliens on the Simpsons trying to figure out why the humans hate them - one says 'but we won their hearts and minds' while holding out a heart and brain

Pete
Old 12-02-2010, 06:10 AM

Not sure about that

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
The part I don't get is this "winning the hearts and minds" crap. I don't care if they hate me, but if they knock down more buildings maybe we should level a few cities.

The odds on winning the hearts and minds of thos savages are similar to the future of a snowball in hell.

"The odds on winning the hearts and minds of thos savages are similar to the future of a snowball in hell."

Maybe you're right but we've got to try. Trying solely for a military solution against people whose leaders have indoctrinated them to the point where they consider it an honor to die just isn't going to work.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:29 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combwork View Post
"The odds on winning the hearts and minds of thos savages are similar to the future of a snowball in hell."

Maybe you're right but we've got to try. Trying solely for a military solution against people whose leaders have indoctrinated them to the point where they consider it an honor to die just isn't going to work.
I don't got to do a damn thing as far as muslims are concerned, they have insulted my wife on four separate occasions, and that was four to many. The next SOB that tries it may not survive.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combwork View Post

I think what some are trying to say is that if it's an honor for them to die, perhaps we will simply have to honor them with some hydrogen.

Because looking at it from the reverse perspective, they too want to win OUR hearts and minds. If that can't effect that, they attempt to kill us in the largest numbers they can muster. It's good that we can ultimately "muster" more than they can.

Last edited by mossbacked; 12-02-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossbacked View Post
I think what some are trying to say is that if it's an honor for them to die, perhaps we will simply have to honor them with some hydrogen.

Because looking at it from the reverse perspective, they too want to win OUR hearts and minds. If that can't effect that, they attempt to kill us in the largest numbers they can muster. It's good that we can ultimately "muster" more than they can.
You're correct, they want us to be just like them.

Myself, I want 'em to take their cut and then go lie down and lick their nuts.
There's no percentage in overturning the applecart.

Chas
Old 12-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
You're correct, they want us to be just like them.
Just like Sarah?
Old 12-03-2010, 06:14 AM

No problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
I don't got to do a damn thing as far as muslims are concerned, they have insulted my wife on four separate occasions, and that was four to many. The next SOB that tries it may not survive.
No problem Merrylander, that was indeed four too many but lets turn this around. Because some Muslims are extremists, should all Muslims be condemned? What the terrorists do is way beyond anything in the Koran, although like the Bible bits of it are ambiguous enough to be twisted to suit their needs.

How would the USA react if in order to avenge dead civilians, schoolchildren, hospital patients etc. Islamic extremists managed to destroy an American city or two? If your family were killed by an enemy who then said "hey, shit happens in war; collateral damage" how would you or your descendants react?

The IRA were murderers who tortured then killed anyone who were against them but eventually, like them or loath them (I loath them) we HAD to sit and talk. Keeping it to a military level, it took thousands of deaths plus two A bombs to beat the Japanese into submission. Would you personally go that far to try to destroy Islamic radicals or eventually, maybe through gritted teeth, sit down and talk? If the latter, would it not be better to do it now rather than later; to work with moderate Muslims to try to isolate extremists, or is anyone wearing a Burka a legitimate target?

Tags
hang the traitor