Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-12-2018, 10:13 AM
Banned

Love this article:

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/7...gation-scandal

Justin Trudeau’s attempt to build a political brand on the premise that he is the only non-shitty man ever to live has finally crashed up against the rocks of actual reality. We all make mistakes: sexism has its hooks deep inside all of us. But you also have to own your past ethical failures if you are going to appoint yourself the Grand Inquisitor of sexual harassment. He expelled two MPs from caucus in 2014 at the first hint of sexual impropriety, and routinely justified shooting first and questioning later as the only appropriate response to such allegations from truly committed feminists. Of course, it turns out now that this standard apparently applies to everyone but the prime minister.

Trudeau would be well advised not to wear a heavy crown unless his spine is strong enough to support it. Otherwise, it will start to appear to others that he was always more concerned with a branding exercise than a substantive commitment to justice.

But since you brought it up, Finn:

It always cracks me up that, as public a figure as Trump was, he was never labelled a racist, homophobic or misogynist until he ran for office. Yet those labels are used almost generically by the left when discussing their political opponents. Some of you have attempted to attach those labels to me, yet you know nothing at all about me.

You accuse me of "deflection" in this thread, but isn't that exactly what you're doing trying to change the topic to Trump? Some would cast that as a tacit defense of Trudeau's actions. But not me...
Old 07-12-2018, 12:05 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
It always cracks me up that, as public a figure as Trump was, he was never labelled a racist, homophobic or misogynist until he ran for office.
What??? Never heard of the Central Park Five? Birtherism? Or him and his dad settling with DOJ for racial discrimination in housing? How about him bragging to Howard Stern about all of his sexual conquests?

Most people didn't pay attention to your Dear Leader until he hit the campaign trail at which time his racism and misogyny were out front for all to see. If you're trying to claim that Trump is not a racist or misogynist, I guess that means that you're unable to discern what these traits actually look like in real life.

Last edited by finnbow; 07-12-2018 at 12:09 PM.
Old 07-12-2018, 01:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
What??? Never heard of the Central Park Five? Birtherism? Or him and his dad settling with DOJ for racial discrimination in housing? How about him bragging to Howard Stern about all of his sexual conquests?
"Birtherism" is only racist if you want to make it racist. Sure, "racism" was a popular way to label folks who challenged Obama's failure to document his birth. Part of that was on Obama, who let that line of discussion go on longer than it needed to.

Now, let's apply your screwed up line of thinking to all of these companies, who have settled claims of race or sex bias with the Feds:

- Dr Pepper Snapple Group will pay $18.3 million in an age discrimination lawsuit judgment. Better not buy any beverages from them, Finn, 'cuz they apparently hate old people.

- Sears will pay $5.2 million in a race discrimination lawsuit judgment. Better not buy anything from Sears, Finn. Oh, wait, no one else does either, so I guess it won't matter.

- Pepsi will pay $3.13 million to settle an EEOC race discrimination lawsuit. "Summer Time is Pepsi Time", Finn, unless you're not white.

- Cook County (Chicago, IL) will pay $7.6 million in a race discrimination lawsuit judgment. I thought the Dems ran Cook County. Oh, well. I guess their racist too. Boycott Chicago.

- D.C. Department of Parks and Recreation (Washington, DC) will pay $3.5 million in a sexual harassment lawsuit judgment. I thought the Dems ran DC? Oh well. Guess you've got to boycott DC now.

- Rite Aid will pay $3.5 million in a disability discrimination lawsuit judgment. I guess you need to be a CVS customer now.

Are all of these entities truly racist, sexist, whatever? Or did they determine it was more expedient to settle. We'll never know. But if we employ your skewed standards, then they're all racist, sexist, whatever and need to be avoided, boycotted, publicly shamed, whatever. Sad, 'cuz Chicago's pretty nice this time of year.

Quote:
Most people didn't pay attention to your Dear Leader until he hit the campaign trail at which time his racism and misogyny were out front for all to see.
Bullshit. Trump has been a very public figure for many, many years. You and your fellow travelers are simply engaged in a "branding exercise". That's why you responded to this thread the way to did, calling it a "deflection". You didn't want a scenario where Trudeau might diminish the "brand" that you want to apply to Trump.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:24 PM
Ready

""Birtherism" is only racist if you want to make it racist."

Anyone who actually believes that has lost touch with reality altogether and is totally immersed in ideological narratives.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:39 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
...You and your fellow travelers are simply engaged in a "branding exercise"...
The irony of a Trump cultist like you accusing someone else of engaging in a branding exercise must be lost on you. You must have forgotten about Low Energy Jeb, Little Marco, Lyin' Ted Cruz, Crooked Hillary or Low IQ Maxine.

You truly are a disingenuous and deluded fool.
Old 07-12-2018, 03:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
The irony of a Trump cultist like you accusing someone else of engaging in a branding exercise must be lost on you. You must have forgotten about Low Energy Jeb, Little Marco, Lyin' Ted Cruz, Crooked Hillary or Low IQ Maxine.

You truly are a disingenuous and deluded fool.
Pfftt. Like "branding" political opponents was something originated by Trump.
Old 07-12-2018, 03:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
""Birtherism" is only racist if you want to make it racist."

Anyone who actually believes that has lost touch with reality altogether and is totally immersed in ideological narratives.
Take it up with your fellow Democrat Andy Martin.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:35 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Pfftt. Like "branding" political opponents was something originated by Trump.
You're the one who brought it up in an attempt to criticize me, without a whiff of irony. I'm beginning to think that you, like your Dear Leader, get your news from Fox & Friends.
Old 07-12-2018, 06:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
You're the one who brought it up in an attempt to criticize me, without a whiff of irony. I'm beginning to think that you, like your Dear Leader, get your news from Fox & Friends.
"Without a whiff of irony" it's your sorry ass that continues to insist that this thread is about anything other than Trudeau. But watching your ongoing effort at deflection is hilarious.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:28 PM
Ready

Quote:
"Without a whiff of irony" it's your sorry ass that continues to insist that this thread is about anything other than Trudeau. But watching your ongoing effort at deflection is hilarious.
You so often claim to be extremely amused here. Why don't you sound less sour?