Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 12:36 PM

A balloon of Donald Trump as a 20ft tall angry baby has been cleared to fly over London for his diplomatic visit next week

This is what the rest of the world thinks of Donny. He’s a disgrace to our country.

http://www.businessinsider.com/giant...n-visit-2018-7

Old 07-05-2018, 12:57 PM

It saddens me that this is happening. I am no fan of Trump, but I see no reason for those in opposition to sink so low.
Having said that.... I completely understand ....
Old 07-05-2018, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
It saddens me that this is happening. I am no fan of Trump, but I see no reason for those in opposition to sink so low.
Having said that.... I completely understand ....
Majority of the British people do not want Trump to make a state visit to London, in fact there was even a petition to dis-invite him. The PM decided against it and so mockery is to be expected. More power to them since Trump has repeatedly insulted London and the UK.

Hope people will line up on the streets and moon Trump's motorcade.
Old 07-05-2018, 01:55 PM

Rajoo, I understand why they are mad at Trump. I just think they could express themselves with more maturity. Seems Trump has set such a low bar that folks feel they have to lower themselves to Trumps level.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Rajoo, I understand why they are mad at Trump. I just think they could express themselves with more maturity. Seems Trump has set such a low bar that folks feel they have to lower themselves to Trumps level.
I disagree with you on this Barbara. If Londoners were not to react to Trump's state visit, he will of course call this a rousing success. IIRC, this invitation was extended soon after he was sworn in but his trip has been postponed until now because of the adverse reception he will get. The Mayor of London has publicly spoken against a Trump state visit. Trump should have declined to make an unwelcome visit to UK, but his ego will not permit this. So this is on Trump and for his amoral behavior.

The world needs to see as much ridicule as the Londoners can foist on the Dotard and I look forward to their perverse merriment.
Old 07-05-2018, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
I disagree with you on this Barbara. If Londoners were not to react to Trump's state visit, he will of course call this a rousing success. IIRC, this invitation was extended soon after he was sworn in but his trip has been postponed until now because of the adverse reception he will get. The Mayor of London has publicly spoken against a Trump state visit. Trump should have declined to make an unwelcome visit to UK, but his ego will not permit this. So this is on Trump and for his amoral behavior.

The world needs to see as much ridicule as the Londoners can foist on the Dotard and I look forward to their perverse merriment.

I hear what you are saying and I agree Londoners should react to his visit. I just think they could have found a better way, a way that did not lower themselves to Trumps level.

I guess I am just tired of seeing the lack of respect and civility on both sides. We know Trump is never going to take the high road, I just hate to see those who oppose him decline to take the high road too.
Old 07-05-2018, 07:39 PM

The low road is the only thing Donny and his goons understand. Ever try to reason with the likes of Whell? They take the low road every time they are confronted with facts, because they can’t win against facts.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:06 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
I hear what you are saying and I agree Londoners should react to his visit. I just think they could have found a better way, a way that did not lower themselves to Trumps level.
Cheeky humor is what the Brits are known for. Who cares if Trumplethinskin is offended?
Old 07-05-2018, 10:46 PM

In America, Naturalized Citizens No Longer Have an Assumption of Permanence

Trump’s rampant racism is now endangering any non-white naturalized citizen. There’s no sense mincing words any longer, he’s as bad as Hitler.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-c...-of-permanence
Old 07-06-2018, 11:38 AM

‘So uncalled for’: George W. Bush’s former press secretary chides Trump for mocking ‘thousand points of light’
Quote:
President Trump drew a rebuke Thursday night from George W. Bush’s White House press secretary after he mocked the "thousand points of light" volunteer effort of Bush's father during a campaign-style rally in Montana.

“This is so uncalled for,” Ari Fleischer wrote on Twitter, using the acronym for President of the United States. “Going after a 94-year-old, former President’s promotion of volunteerism. I don’t mind potus being a fighter. I do mind him being rude.”
potus is not a fighter but just a bully. Here is what the Dotard said.
Quote:
“And by the way, you know all of the rhetoric: ‘Thousands points of light.’ What the hell was that?” Trump asked his audience. “What does that mean?”

“I know one thing: ‘Make America Great Again’ we understand. ‘Putting America First’ we understand. ‘Thousand points of light?’ I never got that one. What the hell is that? Has anyone figured that out? It was put out by a Republican.”
Quote:
Bush and former first lady Barbara Bush, who died in April, created the Points of Light Foundation for volunteerism in 1990.
What is so hard to understand, because there is no money in it?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.dfc570f70e24