Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereorob2.0 View Post
Not really anymore. All the old spots I used to troll as a kid are either long gone or have gained "intelligence" hell it's rare that I even see BPC stuff from the 80s around here anymore. Funny thing is though, when I do score it's pretty serious, and stuff seems to find me now, or it comes from a unlikely source. But one thing is for sure. Orlando has always been a sansui town. 90% of everything I've dragged home since moving back has been sansui lol
Got a military base near by?

Barney
Old 07-02-2014, 11:14 PM

Oh man you are missing out! South Florida especially southeast Florida is the most beautiful place in the world. And old gear is still cheap and easy to find there. Heck that's one of the reasons I stayed down there so long
Old 07-02-2014, 11:15 PM
Admin

Keep an eye out for Marantz too. Lot's of air force guys dragged that stuff home from Japan.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Got a military base near by?

Barney
Funny you mention that, as everyone knows sansui and PX depots seem to go hand and hand lol. North central Florida used to be very military active. There's the nasa thing 30 miles to the east of me, as well as patrick AFB, orlando used to have a HUGE navy base, and Tampa had some military stuff too so yeah, that's probably why I see so much of it. Just about every piece I have has the <EP> on it or some old military ID number carved into it, especially the bigger stuff.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Keep an eye out for Marantz too. Lot's of air force guys dragged that stuff home from Japan.
Even though I have a huge cache of vintage marantz, I've only stumbled across ONE marantz receiver since I've been back, a 2252b that my neighbor had sitting in his garage. Got it as a housewarming present. Pretty sweet right? Now, down south, marantz stuff was everyware. 19 out of the 26 marantz pieces I have I got in west palm
Old 07-02-2014, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Good to hear you're enjoying life and that your Dad is in remission Rob. That's huge.
This has been a horrifically sad and heartbreaking thing my whole family has suffered from. Me and my dad are very close. Hese only 54 and was in perfect health. It's a really fucked up situation. He looks like a skeleton now. I don't wish to talk about that anymore
Old 07-02-2014, 11:30 PM

Anyway life thus far, although busy has been pretty good! I can't believe just a few years ago I was living in that moldy shitbox with caving in ceilings in a Mexican trailer park, working a dead end job in a boiler room telemarketing office, and lived on food stamps and $7 per hour. My life has improved 10 fold and I'm very grateful for what I have now. Oh and I picked a great neighborhood too! It's a working class area of mostly rednecks and minorities but everyone that has a home here has been here for decades. It's peaceful and quiet at night. Taxes are low and crime is lower. And I can blast my system into the stratosphere and nobody complains, as long as I'm respectful about what time I play it.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:34 PM

Congrats on being a home owner.

Barney
Old 07-03-2014, 07:35 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

It's good to hear that things are mostly going good for you.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:40 AM
Resident octogenarian

Good on you Son, isn't adulthood great fun? Congratulations on finding a good woman too.