Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:36 PM

Stereorob year 4 update

Figured I'd give you guys an update of what was going on in my life if anyone really gives a shit prob not but I'm bored so here goes.. Last year get up with life and the way things were going, I packed up my stuff and moved back to north Florida to be closer to my family. I loved west palm and still do, but my folks are getting older now and I had a little voice in the back of my head telling me I should be closer to home. I'm glad I listened to it because about 2 months after I moved back my father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He fought a hard battle but he seems to be recovering from it now, thank god. Anyway, when moving back I came home to what was virtually a strange city. I was gone for 8 years and in a city like orlando that's in constant transition, I barley recognized the place but was glad to be home. When I left west palm I rented a 32 foot Uhaul truck. All I took was my gear and my girl took her stuff. I left almost everything else behind. I ended up moving back into my old family home in the college park neighborhood, uptown orlando and was once again rocking it out in my old garage. It was a cool place when I was 16, but not as a 29 year old lol. So with my life savings I bought my first real home, not a trailer but a REAL house and IM DAMN PROUD OF THAT. the place is great. It's a classic old Florida block house from the 1950s with plaster walls and hardwood floors. 2,150 square feet under air with a large two car garage and a nice workshop area in the back, on a quarter acre lot. I landed a job at the local lexus dealer as a product spe************************t and love every minute of it. I work 60 hour weeks and really don't have much time for my hobbies anymore sadly, but I still fit in a hour here or there to tinker. Basically I grew the hell up. It took me awhile and I guess I'm a late bloomer but I did it. I've got a wife I love, a cool old house, two full size lexus sedans in my driveway, money in the bank, and a garage full of old stereo stuff. What more could a guy ask for?
Old 07-02-2014, 10:37 PM

Not sure what the ******************* is all about and can't seem to fix it.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:51 PM

Nice to hear you are doing well and seem happy. Hope you Dad is on the mend and over this.

So any good places to mine for gear by you?

BTW the ******* is a filter on key words for spam I think. Or something along those lines.

Barney
Old 07-02-2014, 10:55 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereorob2.0 View Post
Not sure what the ******************* is all about and can't seem to fix it.
C-i-a-l-i-s is a banned word around here because of spammers. Hence specia-list if spelled correctly looks like this spe************************t.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:58 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereorob2.0 View Post
Figured I'd give you guys an update of what was going on in my life if anyone really gives a shit prob not but I'm bored so here goes.. Last year get up with life and the way things were going, I packed up my stuff and moved back to north Florida to be closer to my family. I loved west palm and still do, but my folks are getting older now and I had a little voice in the back of my head telling me I should be closer to home. I'm glad I listened to it because about 2 months after I moved back my father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He fought a hard battle but he seems to be recovering from it now, thank god. Anyway, when moving back I came home to what was virtually a strange city. I was gone for 8 years and in a city like orlando that's in constant transition, I barley recognized the place but was glad to be home. When I left west palm I rented a 32 foot Uhaul truck. All I took was my gear and my girl took her stuff. I left almost everything else behind. I ended up moving back into my old family home in the college park neighborhood, uptown orlando and was once again rocking it out in my old garage. It was a cool place when I was 16, but not as a 29 year old lol. So with my life savings I bought my first real home, not a trailer but a REAL house and IM DAMN PROUD OF THAT. the place is great. It's a classic old Florida block house from the 1950s with plaster walls and hardwood floors. 2,150 square feet under air with a large two car garage and a nice workshop area in the back, on a quarter acre lot. I landed a job at the local lexus dealer as a product spe************************t and love every minute of it. I work 60 hour weeks and really don't have much time for my hobbies anymore sadly, but I still fit in a hour here or there to tinker. Basically I grew the hell up. It took me awhile and I guess I'm a late bloomer but I did it. I've got a wife I love, a cool old house, two full size lexus sedans in my driveway, money in the bank, and a garage full of old stereo stuff. What more could a guy ask for?
Another state to live in? Another sig line? Good to hear you're enjoying life and that your Dad is in remission Rob. That's huge.

Last edited by bobabode; 07-02-2014 at 11:00 PM.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Another state to live in?
Hey Pensacola in January is nice! For a week any way.

Barney
Old 07-02-2014, 11:06 PM

I'm a "product spe************************t" product s.p.e.c.i.a.l.i.s.t fancy word for salesman lol. Different state? No. I'm a Florida cracker was born here and I'll die here. Although up here in north Florida seems like a different country compared to down there
Old 07-02-2014, 11:10 PM
Admin

Just kiddin' with ya Rob. Well, except for the crazy ass sig line. The new avatar is cool.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Nice to hear you are doing well and seem happy. Hope you Dad is on the mend and over this.

So any good places to mine for gear ?

Barney
Not really anymore. All the old spots I used to troll as a kid are either long gone or have gained "intelligence" hell it's rare that I even see BPC stuff from the 80s around here anymore. Funny thing is though, when I do score it's pretty serious, and stuff seems to find me now, or it comes from a unlikely source. But one thing is for sure. Orlando has always been a sansui town. 90% of everything I've dragged home since moving back has been sansui lol
Old 07-02-2014, 11:12 PM

Been to your state a few times. Tampa Orlando Pensacola never to the tip. Lived by the ocean in California and Fla is nice. But if living by the ocean out west for me.

Barney