Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Loyal Opposition

Aw, c'mon. Don't we all keep a little sugar on the payroll.

Sometimes it's hard to tell whether such things are more to be blamed on stupidity or arrogance.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 04-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereorob2.0 View Post
no probubly not. im taking some manditory vacation time, i got a little crazy and too deep into my stereo hobby. pissed a few people off, and i got banned. honestly, i hold full responcibility of my actions and probubly diserved it. grumpy is a pretty cool and very fair guy, and he will let me back in when he thinks im ready, and ive accepted it. so for now (and i hope this is ok) im gunna post my audio stuff in this off topic fourm. only because OFF topic of the website. and i dont think im allowed to use the ak temp fourm, cause i guess it would be like cheating. i know this site is mostly audiokarma people and its the only way i can still get intouch with people there. i hope its ok that i post this and that it dosent offend anyone. cause i dont mean any harm by it.
Good to hear that Rob. Everyone deserves a second chance. (even a third)

I've had to bite my tongue lately with a know it all over in the tube forum. He was advocating a dangerous grounding scheme that is a clear Bldg. Code violation and his nasty asshat response was to belittle the regulations and anything anyone had to say about it. Best thing you can do is to ignore such assholes, they just can't help themselves. After getting two different threads locked down by his actions, he starts a third trying to bait a very helpful guy into getting himself in trouble. He wasn't getting anywhere with it, so he asked, "why was everyone being nice?" One of the good guys responded simply,"It's nice to be nice to the nice." It went right over his head.

A gentle reminder of the sign over the front door at AK (All Audio- No Attitude) is usually about as far as I go with it.

One way to winnow the chaff is to click on a user's name and the drop down list has a "find all posts by **** and you can find out how helpful or how shitassed they are by their responses in previous posts. It's a very good way to find out what kind of character they possess or lack.

I do have to say though that the moderation that's provided at AK makes it a very cool place to hang out and get help and give help.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:26 PM

Well I never got my second chance over at AK. it's been going on 3 years now. Not nearly as crazy as I used to be but it sure would be nice to pop in and say hello over there once in awhile. Sucks.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:33 PM

Nice Lexus ! You think you can get it to run normally again?