Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > History

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-27-2015, 05:37 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Great that a horrible thing is getting long past. Maybe?

I've been interested in ww2 for a long time, and its bloody aftermath (for much of the world). I used to think I'd get used to it but the sad truth is, the more you know the more you want to throw up. When people say they believe in humanity I want to laugh, after I smack them hard for their obvious ignorance. Idiots. There is no bottom to the well of human depravity.

Agreed there's always been ruthless, powerhungy men. Hitler was different though imo, for two big reasons. One, he was incredibly smart with an amazing grasp of human nature. He may not have been alone in this.

Two he managed to parlay that into absolute control of one of the pre-eminent industrial powers of his age. Yes, Stalin and Mao managed to kill as many people give or take, but it took them a lot longer to do it. They just didn't have the technical skill, they weren't as efficient.

I've long thought that if it could happen in of the most civilized societies on earth at the time it could happen anywhere. One of the reasons stated over and over again by the leaders at the time for showing the camps when liberated to as many people as they could was they knew it would be downplayed as the winners writing history, and or forgotten.

But HK you make me happy thusly: you're a good guy Let's enjoy what freedom and happiness we have while it lasts.

Pete
Old 01-28-2015, 01:12 AM
Mutated Member

The commemorative ceremony in Auschwitz yesterday was impressive and moving. The Holocaust survivers did not look back in anger but in deep grief. And they expressed their concern about the current situation in the world and urged caution.

Interesting enough attacks on Jewish French increased 100% from 2013 to 2014 (Jewish population ca. 500000). This is a reason why so many French jews decide to leave France and move to Israel, and some even consider Germany.

Every Jew living in Germany should know that a religious or racist attack against him would trigger a sense of outrage in public. Yesterday in Brandenburg a new Synagoge has been opened, we have a small but flourishing jewish community in this town. The building by the way is a former protestant church, isn't that nice?