Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-04-2024, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I notice you side-stepped the question. You seem unwilling or unable to explain the significance of the article you posted, or whether its significant at all. So, I'll ask again: So what?
There’s new evidence of foreign money going to a president: Trump

Quote:
On Thursday, members of the Oversight Committee finally offered actual concrete evidence of a president benefiting from an influx of foreign money. This isn’t particularly useful for the Republican impeachment effort, though: The president at issue was Donald Trump.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...foreign-money/
Old 01-04-2024, 09:46 PM

But-but-but Hunter's laptop! Don't forget the imaginary bribes to Biden.
Old 01-05-2024, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
You've been sidestepping EXACTLY the same question here for months, now, regarding your MAGA pals' accusations (lies).
No, I've answered it several times, Chickie. Try again.
Old 01-05-2024, 07:18 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
I notice you side-stepped the question. You seem unwilling or unable to explain the significance of the article you posted, or whether its significant at all. So, I'll ask again: So what?
Here's the significance, you deliberately obtuse MAGAMoron:

The bottom line is that Republicans are trying to impeach Joe Biden over the (false) accusation that he received $40,000 from China while he was no longer a public servant. And here we learn that Trump collected more than $5 million from China during his presidency.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2024...a-scandal.html

BTW, the Constitutions emoluments clause does not have an exception for hotel owners or real estate fraudsters. Also, the documented millions that Trump received was only during the first 2 years of his presidency and only through 4 of his 500 business entities. Your boy, Comer Pyle, killed the investigation at that point, precluding the investigation of the next 2 years of Trump's grift (IOW, this ~$8million came only from Trump's first two year and thru only 4/500 Trump companies and from only 20 of the 191 nations on earth (meaning there is certainly a whole lot more)). Moreover, this also didn't include the $2 billion that Jared Kushner got from Saudi Arabia.

Last edited by finnbow; 01-05-2024 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-05-2024, 08:54 AM

Now now finn, you know Diaper Don turned over all operations of his businesses to his kids...

Old 01-05-2024, 09:22 AM

Quote:
No, I've answered it several times, Chickie. Try again.
Only in your world do obfuscation and deflection count as “answers”. Try again, idiot. You’re batting zero.
Old 01-05-2024, 10:14 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
Now now finn, you know Diaper Don turned over all operations of his businesses to his kids...

Sons profiting off the name and government position of their father? Sounds oddly familiar except this time there is hard evidence.
Old 01-05-2024, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Here's the significance, you deliberately obtuse MAGAMoron:

The bottom line is that Republicans are trying to impeach Joe Biden over the (false) accusation that he received $40,000 from China while he was no longer a public servant. And here we learn that Trump collected more than $5 million from China during his presidency.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2024...a-scandal.html
There is absolutely no comparison between what Biden is accused of and what Trump's company was doing while Trump was president, you obfuscating Biden spear-catcher. Bringing up the fact that Trump's business, which was earning income internationally before, during, and after Trump's presidency, is simply a way for you and others - including the fools at WaPo - is an attempt to try to draw a false moral equivalence that only the truly intellectually challenged would fall for.

Have fun with that.
Old 01-05-2024, 10:45 AM

Oh, and by the way, as indicated in the link I posted earlier, Trump never tried to hide or lie about the fact that he was making money from international sources. He was quite up front about it.

That contrasts pretty harshly with Biden who stated that he was never involved in his son's business, and which he has slowly walked back in baby steps after testimony, photos and other documentation has created a quite different picture.
Old 01-05-2024, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Only in your world do obfuscation and deflection count as “answers”. Try again, idiot. You’re batting zero.
More bullshit from you. You have no idea what you're talking about. In fact, there was a lengthy exchange recently in this forum where we discussed the difference between allegations and evidence. I've been pretty consistent in stating there is evidence that suggests that the Biden's were involved in unethical in possibly illegal activity. I also stated that I've not yet seen anything that is a "smoking gun" supporting the allegations against the Bidens.

How is that obfuscating, Chickie? Or are you simply demonstrating that you have all the intellect of a rotting turnip?