Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Loyal Opposition

Believe it or not, when Grumpy asked me to help him in spam hunting, he did not ask me to leave my opinions at the front door. But spammers are the only ones that get banned. We even let trolls hang around.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 07-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Resident octogenarian

This constant GOP nattering about "liberals" wanting the government to give them everything is getting just a little tiresome, in addition to being flat wrong. I am sure Large William thinks I am a liberal even though I am a true conservative and not one of those GOP libertarian wannabees who fatuously call themselves conservatives. Oh yes I am also a registered Democrat, live in and on a half million dollar property and we did it all ourselves, never taken a government handout in our lives. Sorry if taht bursts your bubble.

Oh yes, I do believe if you bother to check you will find that it is the red states who get more from the feds than they put in.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Bill View Post
And if Mr. D-Ray was not a liberal, or remained neutral, chastising everyone equally,
And, if you weren't such a chicken shit candy ass, you'd talk to Don instead of about him.

Quote:
I would not create so critical here.
Whatever the hell that means.

Quote:
But since Political Chat is what it is, many will not put their heads on the chopping block for liberal entertainment ?
Ah, I see! Every single one of those members who doesn't post is a Teabagging wanker like you..... except not as "brave" because you post!

Quote:
Those that work, build and create make America Great. People that work for what they want and need, and not ask everyone else to give it to them, because they feel it is THEIR RIGHT ?
Unless they belong to a union, of course.

John
Old 07-02-2012, 12:22 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
We even let trolls hang around.
I appreciate your patience.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
This constant GOP nattering about "liberals" wanting the government to give them everything is getting just a little tiresome,
And don't forget that, if we think the noise coming out of their pie holes is utter bollocks and have the temerity to say so, we're trying to take away their right to "free speech"!

Quote:
Oh yes, I do believe if you bother to check you will find that it is the red states who get more from the feds than they put in.
Without exception! It's you bawling red neck red staters who can't get off the public teat.

John
Old 07-02-2012, 12:27 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Having the Feds vs the States handle things, I'm not so sure that's a conservative/liberal thing at least over time.

At the State level I'm a bit more liberal than you would probably guess. But not a lot.

Pete
Old 07-02-2012, 12:46 PM

Interesting exchanges. At the risk of being labeled a *gasp* liberal (which I really do not consider myself to be) I grew up in a blue collar household. My mother worked in a laundry and my father was an iron foundryman. They were both staunch Democrats and they both worked pretty f*ckin hard every day for not a whole lot of money. Neither one of them, as far as I can tell, ever sought or expected a dime that they didn't work for.

I don't see the Democrats picking winners and losers any more than I see the Republicans doing so. The way I see it, it's all in how the tax code and governmental regulations are crafted that determines who enjoys 'most favored demographic' status.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:42 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Those that work, build and create make America Great. People that work for what they want and need, and not ask everyone else to give it to them, because they feel it is THEIR RIGHT ?

Have to run now ! Work to do.
Aside from the obvious welfare cases who have never punched a clock in their lives;

Define where the line between between earning what you have and being "given" or "taking" what you have is. Who gets to decide that, Bill?

Tell me, did I earn everthing I have?

Dave
Old 07-02-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Aside from the obvious welfare cases who have never punched a clock in their lives;

Define where the line between between earning what you have and being "given" or "taking" what you have is. Who gets to decide that, Bill?

Tell me, did I earn everything I have?

Dave

I believe that you have earned everything that you have Dave, prefaced by the fact that I only know what you have posted here.

And if the Union did not extort or tax you to work where you work, you would have had more of money that you have worked so hard for.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:33 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
And if the Union did not extort or tax you to work where you work, you would have had more of money that you have worked so hard for.
Right the company would pay you well out of the goodness of its soul.