Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Why a small-town restaurant owner asked Ugly Sarah to leave - and would do it again

http://www.mcall.com/news/nationworl...623-story.html
I have been reading up more on this. There is an editorial on WaPo today disagreeing with the restaurant owner's decision to ask SHS to politely leave. So far so good and I would agree with the WaPo. But after leaving the restaurant, SHS tweeted about her expulsion, thereby politicizing it with the intent to hurt the restaurant's name & reputation. Should not have done this assuming that the restaurant owner did ask her to leave politely and her reasons to do so, as in my staff does not want to serve you.

Now I am not so sure if the owner did not do the right thing. Kudos to her.
Old 06-24-2018, 05:08 PM
Rational Anarchist

I read that article and also agree. However the owner basically refused Sarah service and kicked her out for political reasons. Sounds like you're endorsing a two wrongs make it right phliosophy.

Last edited by nailer; 06-24-2018 at 05:13 PM.
Old 06-24-2018, 05:57 PM

Human beings are not saints. From what I understand the wait staff at the restaurant are mostly gay and did not care to serve HRS for political reasons. If the owner had forced the staff to wait on her anyway, what do you think would happen? Most would get pissed at the owner and some would quit her employment, so why risk this for an undeserving person like HRS. Or worse yet, word gets around that the owner forced her staff to wait on HRS and there goes her business.

IMO, the owner made the right decision putting her business first. But tweeting OTOH was uncalled for and was undignified.
Old 06-24-2018, 06:11 PM

After working in a ‘radioactive’ administration, what comes next?

Quote:
“We would advise anyone in the Trump administration who is considering their future that the rules aren’t the same for them as for veterans of other administrations,” said Matt Latimer, a Republican literary agent who had previously worked for George W. Bush, Donald Rumsfeld and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. “That may not seem fair, but it’s the truth, and they need to think carefully and strategically about how to disengage from an administration viewed by many powerful people outside of it as toxic.”
Quote:
Joe Scarborough, the co-host of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” and a frequent critic of the Trump administration, put a finer — and more personal — point on it: “When you look at the lies and the shameless statements White House stooges put out, you understand why so many of them cannot find jobs in the private sector,” he tweeted. “They know that Trump is making them radioactive. He is stripping them of any credibility they may have ever had.”
Quote:
Part of the issue might be that the Trump administration populated itself with unusual candidates. “Many of the people who came into the Trump administration, especially at the lower levels, were not the usual operatives that populate other administrations. They are less experienced, lack the Washington polish, and tend to be more devoted to Trump instead of to party insiders,” said Latimer, founding partner at Javelin, a Washington public relations and literary agency. “That is a barrier when you escape and try to assimilate into the wilds of Washington.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.9d122f9fbb87
Old 06-24-2018, 07:10 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
[B]After working in a ‘radioactive’ administration, what comes next?...
Working at Chick-fil-A?
Old 06-24-2018, 07:48 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Trump's Upcoming Visit to the UK

He won't be getting a hero's welcome. Here's a blimp that some guy is going to fly over Parliament while Trump is in London.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...limp/23466818/
Old 06-24-2018, 09:33 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Melania Trump on Sunday urged students at a conference of a youth and safety organization to be a "positive force" in the lives of those around them and to treat their peers with respect.

"You have the power to be the positive force in so many people’s lives," the first lady said at the Students Against Destructive Decisions gathering in Tysons Corner, Virginia. "Kindness, compassion, and positivity are very important traits in life."

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...e-force-667461

I just don't know what to make of Ms. I Really Don't Care. Is she trolling her old man or is she simply that obtuse?
Old 06-24-2018, 09:59 PM

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...ves-ncna885891
Old 06-25-2018, 01:35 AM

'I'm riding the Trump wave. He's Christopher Columbus,' says Nevada pimp running for office

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/24/polit...ump/index.html

Because after Trump, anyone, no matter how unqualified or disgusting, can run. With millions of moronic Whells out there eager to vote for them.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:52 PM
Admin

President Peckerwood forgot to claim the website TrumpHotels.org and hilarity ensued...

https://web.archive.org/web/20180625...umphotels.org/