Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-14-2021, 03:25 PM
Admin

Hell Froze Over On Bullshit Mountain

One of the conservative talking heads over at Fox (aka Bullshit Mountain) effusively praised Pres. Joe Biden's eulogy of Capitol Police Officer Billy Evans.

https://www.rawstory.com/viewers-stu...iconic-speech/

Last edited by bobabode; 04-14-2021 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-14-2021, 05:29 PM

And, there was, this;
https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/91774...ay-fox-s-lawye
Old 04-15-2021, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Quote:
Now comes the claim that you can't expect to literally believe the words that come out of Carlson's mouth. And that assertion is not coming from Carlson's critics. It's being made by a federal judge in the Southern District of New York and by Fox News's own lawyers in defending Carlson against accusations of slander. It worked, by the way.
joefriday1.jpg That's how they roll
Old 06-29-2021, 01:43 PM
Admin

Fox News Agrees to $1 Million Fine for Violating Human Rights Law

"Despite Fox News’ claims to have repaired the company’s toxic workplace culture since the firing of founder and chairman Roger Ailes in July 2016, Rupert Murdoch’s media empire has effectively admitted to ongoing misconduct that includes sexual harassment, discrimination, and retaliation against victimized employees, and has agreed to pay a million-dollar fine for what New York City’s Commission on Human Rights called “a pattern of violating of the NYC Human Rights Law.”

The settlement agreement, reached last week with the human rights commission, contains the largest-ever financial penalty assessed in the agency’s six-decade history, and also requires Fox News to remove mandatory confidential arbitration clauses from the contracts of on-air talent along with other employees and contributors for a period of four years when they file legal claims under the city’s human-rights law outside of the company’s internal process.

It “also demands immediate changes to policies surrounding reporting sexual harassment, retaliation, training, and compliance with the NYC Human Rights Law,” according to a statement from the commission, which added: “The Commission will monitor the network on a quarterly basis for a period of 2 years to ensure compliance.”

Among the policy changes required by the Commission, the network has agreed to provide all employees with a clear definition of “retaliation” and training for bystanders to intervene in incidents and to properly report any witnessed misconduct." DB

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-ne...s-law?ref=home

Looks like I was a bit premature about hell freezing over...
Old 07-20-2021, 05:56 PM
Admin

Business as usual up on Bullshit Mountain

"NEW YORK – Do as they do, not as they say.

Despite its hosts’ hysterical rants about vaccination programs, Fox News reportedly has what is tantamount to a vaccine passport program to protect its own workers.

Both The Hill and CNN report that internal emails from the human resources department at Fox Corporation last month informed employees that “a secure, voluntary” method by which workers could “self-attest their vaccination status” was being made available. It’s called the FOX Clear Pass.

According to that email, employees who provide the right-wing media empire with information regarding the dates they were vaccinated and the vaccination they received would be helping the company with “space planning and contact tracing.”

Employees who supply that information will no longer be required to complete a daily health screening, according to the reports.

Not only has Fox welcomed guests who reject the concept of so-called vaccine passports — its own messengers have scoffed at the idea on air.

Cash cow Tucker Carlson recently equated separating non-vaccinated people — who could be carrying a deadly and contagious virus — to racial segregation during the Jim Crow era. The perpetually aggrieved pundit admitted during that screed that “the coronavirus is transmissible and it can be dangerous,” but noted there are other diseases that fit that description, too. As an example, he cited, tuberculosis which is not at the center of a global pandemic."
https://nordot.app/79024715283519897...22757532812385
Old 07-20-2021, 07:20 PM

What part of total hypocrite does not apply?????
Old 07-22-2021, 10:44 AM
Area Man

And now, Republican Fourth Reich Henchmen are such as McConnell, De Santis, etc., are begging their minions to get vaccinated. Good luck with that after teaching the morons to distrust anything a politician tells them for the last 40 years, you shortsighted schmucks......
Old 07-23-2021, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
And now, Republican Fourth Reich Henchmen are such as McConnell, De Santis, etc., are begging their minions to get vaccinated. Good luck with that after teaching the morons to distrust anything a politician tells them for the last 40 years, you shortsighted schmucks......

When it is now their voters cult members being the majority of the effected. How telling now seeing the message changes in desperation.

Will the ones getting vaccinated be changing their opinions? My guess nope! Just twist around, contorting, making up stories, using what about's to fit their narrative.
Old 07-23-2021, 07:27 AM

Having seen how the cult behaves I expect the ones getting the vaccination to deny it. Then start crowing "See, I don't wear a mask and didn't get Covid because I'm immune". Gotta keep up appearances. Can't have anyone knowing they now trust s-c-i-e-n-c-e.
Coming soon to Reich-Wing media tRumplican politicians saying that since tRump not Biden came up the vaccine it should be trusted.

Last edited by RickeyM; 07-23-2021 at 07:30 AM.
Old 07-23-2021, 09:46 AM

Would a revised Clinton's "Don't ask, don't tell" policy work on the un-vaccinated and urge them to get vaccinated? Not when they find out it was a Clinton policy, but would be fun to see them go ape shit. People refusing to get vaccinated without a medical reason are no longer just deplorable, they are despicable. Even if the FDA gives full approval and I don't see how they can with only a year or so data, they will find something else as justification.