Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-29-2014, 02:28 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
The left has some folks they find useful. Doesn't mean I accuse you of racism.

Pete
Which folks on the left? Racists are universally held in contempt by anyone I know. What are you getting at Pete?

Last edited by bobabode; 04-29-2014 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:47 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Sharpton, Farrakhan? I hesitate to bring up Wright but Obama did find him useful. Even some of the off the cuff comments by some seemingly decent men like Reid and Biden, while not exactly spewing hatred show a fair bit of racial insensitivity.

I'm not defending these - beloved spokespeople of the right, heads of the party? - not at all, because they are not.

Pete
Old 04-29-2014, 02:58 PM
Admin

Farrakhan? Really? C'mon Pete. He's a wackjob that no one condones on the left. Rev. Al? You'll need to provide some examples of his racist talk to me, if you can find any that compare to what the repugnant Bundy and Sterling have been saying. (Yep, Sterling is a registered Republican, btw. )
Old 04-29-2014, 03:03 PM
Admin

Quote:
Sharpton, Farrakhan? I hesitate to bring up Wright but Obama did find him useful. Even some of the off the cuff comments by some seemingly decent men like Reid and Biden, while not exactly spewing hatred show a fair bit of racial insensitivity.

I'm not defending these - beloved spokespeople of the right, heads of the party? - not at all, because they are not.

Pete
Really? The president repudiated Wright as soon as he uttered his infamous hate filled trash talk. Try again bro.

Your examples of Reid and Biden pale in comparison to some nuggets uttered by Paul Ryan and many other Republican leaders.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:04 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:

Pete
One of the current frontrunners for the GOP Presidential nomination supports Bundy, FWIW. Also, their primary public relations firm (Fox) trumpeted the whole Bundy saga.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
The left has some folks they find useful. Doesn't mean I accuse you of racism.

Pete
I live with who I choose to support. You need to as well pete. Your people knew Cliven Bundy was a bigot...anybody who knew anything about Cliven Bundy and his years of right-wing Christian militia anti-gubmint crap knew he was a bigot. That didn't stop any of your brethren from waving the flag for this piece of shit, until he made it so obvious they had no choice but to bail out on him.

This "...oh yeah you do it too..." from you is jr. high playground bullshit. Take responsibility for the behavior of the people you choose to support. Al Sharpton is a lying-ass huckster who should be in prison. Obama is a major disappointment in most of what he has and hasn't done. You want to see the rest of my list of worthless Democrat vote whores and liberal hypocrites?

Be nice to see a smidgen of something like this outta you.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 04-29-2014 at 03:15 PM.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:18 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Fox certainly doesn't speak for me. Ryan quotes?

Which frontrunner supports Bundy?

Pete
Old 04-29-2014, 03:21 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
I live with who I choose to support. You need to as well pete. Your people knew Cliven Bundy was a bigot...anybody who knew anything about Cliven Bundy and his years of right-wing Christian militia anti-gubmint crap knew he was a bigot. That didn't stop any of your brethren from waving the flag for this piece of shit, until he made it so obvious they had no choice but to bail out on him.

This "...oh yeah you do it too..." from you is jr. high playground bullshit. Take responsibility for the behavior of the people you choose to support. Al Sharpton is a lying-ass huckster who should be in prison. Obama is a major disappointment in most of what he has and hasn't done. You want to see the rest of my list of worthless Democrat vote whores and liberal hypocrites?

Be nice to see a smidgen of something like this outta you.
Wow. You forget, turnabout is fair play. Bundy was a moron, not because he was anti government btw, and once it was clear they DID bail. And every rep Pres I've lived with has been big government.

Everyone talks about how some examples are bad but the votes are gladly taken.

Pete
Old 04-29-2014, 03:25 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Fox certainly doesn't speak for me. Ryan quotes?

Which frontrunner supports Bundy?

Pete
Rand Paul.

Wednesday, Paul addressed Harry Reid’s statement that the issue is not settled and that the government cannot just walk away and allow Bundy to continue to defy the law.

“I think there’s an opposite thing to what Harry Reid said, and that’s that the federal government shouldn’t violate the law. Nor should we have 48 federal agencies carrying weapons and having SWAT teams,” Paul asserted.

“Apparently, this is what I’m hearing,” he continued, “The family had a lease with Clark county for over 130 years, arbitrarily in recent years the federal government thought that they were going to override the county lease and they were going to assume control of it but they never asked for permission from the rancher.”

This is of course completely devoid of any facts at all. More than 80% of the land in Nevada has always been under federal control. It was part of the land ceded to the U.S. government in the 1848 Mexican Cession following the Mexican-American War and was never opened for homesteading due to the dearth of water. The only settlement at the time was around the water sources and the rest remained under federal control, so the claim that this was historically state-owned land is completely false.

http://crooksandliars.com/2014/04/un...efends-lawless
Old 04-29-2014, 03:32 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Thanks Finn.

Pete