Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-26-2016, 10:43 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
If we could improve anything achievable, it should be with background checking and a unified records keeping system to support it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
92% of Americans support increased/improved background checks while congress does nothing.
Old 06-26-2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catswiththum View Post
And will lead to an immediate expansion of an already thriving domestic black market.
There, oversupply is the problem. There is plenty of easy to purchase or steal weaponry available to feed that thriving market.
Oversupply.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:07 AM

The fear of the gun lobby is once any record keeping by way of background checks or registration. Will shed light onto the abuses and give damaging info on the weapons.

I would think sane adults would all agree private party and internet sales should be run thru the data base. Looking for those who should be prevented from gun ownership.

On semi auto weapons, just ban the large cap mags. No second problem there. Make illegal and collect or buy back all the old ones while they are at it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armslist

""Armslist has faced criticism from many gun control groups because of its business model which provides a way for people to find each other online in order to buy and sell firearms privately and in many cases without a background check.""

Barney
Old 06-28-2016, 04:21 PM
Admin

Lost in all the attention given to the SCOTUS decision about Texas was this decision. http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...omestic-abuse/
Old 06-28-2016, 04:24 PM

No, I didn't lose that. What it tells me us that the 2nd Amendment is an anachronism. If aggressive violent behavior doesn't indicate untrustworthiness with a deadly weapon, what does? Common sense on holiday, this "right" should rightly be a privelege to be reconsidered for cause.

Last edited by Pio1980; 06-28-2016 at 10:08 PM.
Old 06-28-2016, 04:38 PM
Admin

It's going to be a happy day when 'Silent' Clarence Thomas retires from the USSC. I hope he takes batshit crazy Alito with him.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
92% of Americans support increased/improved background checks while congress does nothing.
And this, along with marijuana laws exemplify who our representative are really representing....it ain't us.