Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-29-2018, 02:01 PM

Crickets from Whell re his Dear Leader's promise that Mexico would fund The Wall. Selective memory?
Old 07-29-2018, 02:26 PM
Admin

Buh - but, big daddy Donny doesn't lie, it's "hyperbole"!
Old 07-30-2018, 01:50 AM

The housing market is slowing down, and that's a bad sign for the economy

Huh. Whell assured us everyone would have a huge bump in salary from the tax cut, and everyone is employed, right? That means lots of home sales, ‘cause everything is just hunky dory! Oops. Gosh, it must be so nice in Trumpkin moron world!

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/housi...103833729.html
Old 07-30-2018, 06:48 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

I just saw a graph showing that Obama created an average of 206K jobs per month in his last 18 months, whereas Trump has created 193K per month in his first 18 months. In the same period, wage growth under Obama was 0.8% and 0.3% under Trump. As for his "amazing" employment rate hitting 4.1% quarterly rate, Clinton did better 13 times and Obama 4 times. Could it possibly be that the Lying Dotard is lying about the economic performance of his administration?
Old 07-30-2018, 09:26 AM

Donald Trump Jr.
@DonaldJTrumpJr
Incredible numbers. I remember when “the experts” laughed about breaking 3%. Just because Obama never broke 2% doesn’t mean that someone with great policies can’t. Let’s keep this going.

Ahmed Baba
@AhmedBaba_
·
Jul 28
Replying to @DonaldJTrumpJr
Obama hit over 2% GDP 15 times.

He went above 4% GDP four times, including hitting 5.1% in 2014.

One of two things happened here:

@DonaldJTrumpJr is either too foolish to google before tweeting or he knowingly lied.

Either way, like father like son.

—————————

Like Whell...
Old 07-30-2018, 09:37 AM

These are opinion pieces where his remarks or "intent" is interpreted or projected. They're not quotes of Trump stating that he believes international trade is a "zero sum" game or conflict.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Donald Trump Jr.
@DonaldJTrumpJr
Incredible numbers. I remember when “the experts” laughed about breaking 3%. Just because Obama never broke 2% doesn’t mean that someone with great policies can’t. Let’s keep this going.

Ahmed Baba
@AhmedBaba_
·
Jul 28
Replying to @DonaldJTrumpJr
Obama hit over 2% GDP 15 times.

He went above 4% GDP four times, including hitting 5.1% in 2014.

One of two things happened here:

@DonaldJTrumpJr is either too foolish to google before tweeting or he knowingly lied.

Either way, like father like son.

—————————

Like Whell...
Chicklet - I think Trump was talking about annual GDP, because he's made this exact same comment before. He's correct (as I've posted in this thread) that the so - called experts stated that 3% wasn't possible, and its also true that Obama never had an annual GDP of 3%.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:47 AM

"Unfortunately, it's a zero-sum game now between China and the rest of the world, and what we need to do as a country is to work with the rest of the world" to ensure prosperity and high stock markets, he said. — Peter Navarro

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/19/pete...the-world.html

Are you too lazy to Google, or just dishonest like Donny, Whell?
Old 07-30-2018, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
The housing market is slowing down, and that's a bad sign for the economy

Huh. Whell assured us everyone would have a huge bump in salary from the tax cut, and everyone is employed, right? That means lots of home sales, ‘cause everything is just hunky dory! Oops. Gosh, it must be so nice in Trumpkin moron world!

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/housi...103833729.html
More hot air from Captain Know-Nothing. Housing inventory is down, both existing and new home inventory. Its totally a sellers market right now. Rates are still near historic lows.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/419...economy?page=2

But by some accounts, the housing weakness is less about economic conditions in general vs. issues tied to real estate. The slowdown in housing appears to be a reaction to rising prices, says Adam Contos, CEO at RE/MAX, a real estate firm. "Year-over-year prices have been climbing for more than two years now, which is great news for homeowners and sellers," he observes. "The slower sales figures we're seeing are tied to inventory more than anything else."

Suggestion - try reading with comprehension. You'll get a lot more out of some of these articles by paying more attention to what actually is happening in the market versus your undying focus and allegiance to the breathless nay-sayers, some of whom make a living out of predicting and writing about doom and gloom. Also, multiple data points versus a single data point is helpful. Even in the article you post, there's a pretty signifcant - though slanted - qualifier:

“Chronically low inventory is choking sales,” said Jonathan Miller, president and CEO of Miller Samuel Inc., a real estate appraisal firm, adding that higher-cost housing markets such as New York City and San Francisco are seeing a slowdown in sales more so because of homebuyers’ uncertainty over the Trump administration’s federal tax reform.

Maybe that's what folks in NY and San Fran are talking about - thought I doubt it - but most folks that I know who are looking for homes are concerned about lack of availability than they are what Washington is doing.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I think Trump was talking about annual GDP, because he's made this exact same comment before. He's correct (as I've posted in this thread) that the so - called experts stated that 3% wasn't possible, and its also true that Obama never had an annual GDP of 3%.
Oh, please! He was talking about daddy’s unsustainable 4.1% quarterly growth, and didn’t specify annual in the remainder of the tweet. But you go right ahead and believe whatever lies the Trump crime family tell you. What will you do when the wheels fall of this fake “presidency”?