Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-08-2016, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
How a person feels toward women isn't high on my priority list for the things that need to be taken care of in the oval office. That being said, I don't think Hilary cares one iota about women besides herself either. She just isn't blatant about it. They are both big pretenders and I still haven't decided yet if I can even vote for the POTUS in the looming election with a clear conscience.

That's an easy spin for Trump folk. They look at the first paragraph and say "he's trying to tell them Mexicans to leave, ain't he"? Then they go to the second paragraph and say "change a couple names and you'd be talking about Bill Clinton".
Women make up half of humanity. Any President who discounts half of humanity is not going to solve any problems in our nation.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:50 AM

Trustworthiness in one's personal relationships can cast a pall on their trustworthiness elsewhere. If your spouse can't trust you, why should we trust you?
Sometimes it carries over, sometimes it doesnt. Trump's lack of trustworthiness carries into his other affairs from his business practices to his financial affairs.
Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Pio1980; 10-08-2016 at 10:53 AM.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Do you think we could tell Trump to just leave?

The restaurateur told that group to leave because their behavior was inappropriate and unacceptable. Don't you think that we should hold a presidential candidate to the same standard?

More to the point, this is part of a pattern we've been seeing in Trump for years, from public displays of marital infidelity, multiple allegations of rape, misogynistic public tirades against multiple women, from Rosie O'Donnell to Heidi Cruz, and the public fat shaming and objectification of Alicia Machado.
Such behavior is Clinton's legacy and he's still a rock star in the Dem world. He's out campaigning for his wife yet I have yet to hear any Dems suggesting that he's a liability due to his behavior. Until that happens, I'll regard all of this as faux outrage and highly selective indignation.
Old 10-08-2016, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Such behavior is Clinton's legacy and he's still a rock star in the Dem world. He's out campaigning for his wife yet I have yet to hear any Dems suggesting that he's a liability due to his behavior. Until that happens, I'll regard all of this as faux outrage and highly selective indignation.
Actually, I think Bill is a liability and have said so here - and not just for his past behavior. And I think you'll find that Bill isn't the "rock star" you claim him to be, especially among younger voters, the youngest of which were 3 years old when he left office.

Last edited by Boreas; 10-08-2016 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-08-2016, 11:06 AM

Bill is a diversion, he isn't running. As a campaigner, he's a mixed bag overall but well regarded by many.

Old 10-08-2016, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Bill is a diversion, he isn't running. As a campaigner, he's a mixed bag overall but well regarded by many.

Of course he is but it's all Trump has left. Guys like Trump (and whell) sound like first graders: "Bill did it first and he was worse than me."
Old 10-08-2016, 11:12 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
No it doesn't. Hell, I was in a family restaurant with my daughter a few weeks ago and a couple of idiots walked in carrying on with a discussion laden with F bombs. Kudos to the owner for telling them to leave. But lots off folks these days seem to have little self restraint.
So, that was offensive to you, but Trump's comments weren't? WTF? Don't you expect more from a presidential candidate than you do of a couple of miscreants in a family restaurant?
Old 10-08-2016, 11:35 AM

The thing is.... What Bill did was have CONSENSUAL sex outside of his marriage. While I don't condone that.... It is a whole lot different than a male grabbing the genitals of a women who has NOT CONSENTED to physical contact.

There is a big difference.
Old 10-08-2016, 11:51 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
The thing is.... What Bill did was have CONSENSUAL sex outside of his marriage. While I don't condone that.... It is a whole lot different than a male grabbing the genitals of a women who has NOT CONSENTED to physical contact.

There is a big difference.
Indeed. The "family values" party that thought getting a BJ from a willing Monica was an impeachable offense now stands by a guy who admitted on tape that he was entitled to sexually assault any woman he wanted to because he's a celebrity just months after his marriage to his third wife.
Old 10-08-2016, 11:53 AM

But, but, it's not hypocrisy when WE do it.