Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Politics and the Environment

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:23 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPots View Post
I believe PT Barnum is just a qualified to be president as say...GW Bush. Maybe more so. Barnum was certainly more successful and honest.

In the US of A, any clown will do.
QFT

And what is this qualified thing? I think the definitions needs rethinking.

I'll take an experienced manager with a successful history over a industry insider any day of the week. Politically or in business. I have seen TONS of
best qualified executives run company after company into the ground. Of course my business experience is limited to a particular industry principally. Still I don't think it a stretch to think other industries are the same.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:42 AM
Resident octogenarian

Ed I don't hate you in fact I don't hate anyone. Was it Carrie Fisher who said hating someone is like taking poison and waiting for the other guy to die.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:48 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Ed I don't hate you in fact I don't hate anyone. Was it Carrie Fisher who said hating someone is like taking poison and waiting for the other guy to die.
Thanks Rob, I honestly do not feel hated by anyone here less my good pal Whelly.

and that I feel is just his frustration.
Old 03-16-2016, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
QFT

And what is this qualified thing? I think the definitions needs rethinking.

I'll take an experienced manager with a successful history over a industry insider any day of the week. Politically or in business. I have seen TONS of
best qualified executives run company after company into the ground. Of course my business experience is limited to a particular industry principally. Still I don't think it a stretch to think other industries are the same.
The problem with most of our politicians these days is they act like they are experts at everything, an impossibility, yet that does not stop them from trying their best to force everyone to do their bidding, on every little subject regardless of what their constituents want. Sam Brownback is a prime example of this. There is nothing so small that he won't stick his nose in to change to his will because he thinks he knows best on EVERY subject.

Basically what we do here in the US is "sort of elect" tin pot dictators. I say sort of because our "elections" suck.

A - The reality, you can only choose between one of two extreme parties.
b- By the time early primaries are done the candidates have been weeded out by a small minority of voters in a handful of states. The majority of the country never even has a choice of the early candidates.
c - candidates are crowned by the media, not the voting public.

Last edited by MrPots; 03-16-2016 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-16-2016, 11:14 AM

FWIW Nooner, I try not to hate. I succumbed to hate once and found that as Mark Twain observed, hate is an acid that eats away at the vessel that contains it. The more hate I had, the more I hated myself.