Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:30 AM
Area Man

Some of my coworkers have me wondering if we should abort fetuses well into their fifties......................
Old 04-10-2011, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I tire of middle age white men debating the morality of what a woman can do with her body. I think that if men could get pregnant, they may have a different view of this issue.

Also, WTF is the party of small government doing arguing that such decisions should be made in Washington?
Of course, if the entire issue could be reduced to a discussion of "what a woman can do with her body", you'd have a point.

The Debate is also about case law that is devoid of logic, and that the donkeys regard as gospel.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:26 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
I can't argue with you on those points. How do we address making the necessary changes?
John I really don't know for I have given up on our legislators. I could say to them Simply adopt Canada's adoption laws. I could also go to Alaska and wrestle with a grizzly. The outcome would be much the same. It seems that we here believe that no other country in the world knows anything. That we are the source of all knowledge and therefore can do no wrong. I'm old and I'm tired and sometimes wonder why I keep on trying.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:31 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Of course, if the entire issue could be reduced to a discussion of "what a woman can do with her body", you'd have a point.

The Debate is also about case law that is devoid of logic, and that the donkeys regard as gospel.
Most of our laws are devoid of logic. If we overturn Roe v Wade they will still take place, in back alleys under less than optimal conditions, just as it was before.

I admire the decision that you and your wife made but you made it, no one else made it for you. Given the care I am certain you provide it is well that she has siblings who will be there for her.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:00 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
John I really don't know for I have given up on our legislators. I could say to them Simply adopt Canada's adoption laws. I could also go to Alaska and wrestle with a grizzly. The outcome would be much the same. It seems that we here believe that no other country in the world knows anything. That we are the source of all knowledge and therefore can do no wrong. I'm old and I'm tired and sometimes wonder why I keep on trying.
As long as there is one small voice crying out in the dark there is no consenting silence.

(Jeez... where did that come from? Am I channeling somebody?)
Old 04-10-2011, 10:46 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Most of our laws are devoid of logic. If we overturn Roe v Wade they will still take place, in back alleys under less than optimal conditions, just as it was before.

I admire the decision that you and your wife made but you made it, no one else made it for you. Given the care I am certain you provide it is well that she has siblings who will be there for her.
+1. On all points.

Dave
Old 04-10-2011, 11:30 AM

As far as what happens to the mother and child after an unwanted birth... it seems to me that in today's society there is room to take care of them both, either together or separately. If we can take care of people with mental problems, people with criminal problems, people with drug abuse problems we ought to be able to find a way to help these people also. I am in no way equating mothers and babies with any of the above except in the fact that they have a need and we should be able to meet it.

Gentlemen...what role should the FATHER of the child play in this matter?
A father should own up to his responsibility and care and nurture his child. Together with the mother or apart. A child should not be a government pocket book issue. Taking responsibility for ones actions is falling by the wayside in society today.
Perhaps if we could accomplish the paternal responsibility role...the question of abortion would be less prevalent...indeed remote. Just saying...
Old 04-10-2011, 11:48 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Some of my coworkers have me wondering if we should abort fetuses well into their fifties......................
lol,
Old 04-10-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter View Post
As far as what happens to the mother and child after an unwanted birth... it seems to me that in today's society there is room to take care of them both, either together or separately. If we can take care of people with mental problems, people with criminal problems, people with drug abuse problems we ought to be able to find a way to help these people also. I am in no way equating mothers and babies with any of the above except in the fact that they have a need and we should be able to meet it.

A father should own up to his responsibility and care and nurture his child. Together with the mother or apart. A child should not be a government pocket book issue. Taking responsibility for ones actions is falling by the wayside in society today.
Perhaps if we could accomplish the paternal responsibility role...the question of abortion would be less prevalent...indeed remote. Just saying...
In addition to my above quote... (from a woman's point of view) In all of my 54 years of marriage...not once did we go to our bed with the idea of making a baby. But...we were blessed with three.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:17 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter View Post

Painter hits from outside the three point line!