Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2022, 03:06 PM
Admin

Some Los Angeles City Council Members - Racists

"The City Council struggled to begin its meeting Tuesday as Angelenos flooded the chambers and screamed with anger two days after a surreptitious recording surfaced on which Councilmember Nury Martinez is heard making racist remarks and denigrating colleagues.

Then the crowd went silent when Councilmember Mike Bonin asked to speak.

Martinez made racist remarks about Bonin’s son in the recording as her colleagues, Councilmembers Kevin de León and Gill Cedillo, laughed and made wisecracks.

“I take a lot of hits, and I know I practically invite a bunch of them. But my son? it makes my soul bleed,” Bonin said through tears. “Asking for forgiveness is a good first step. Well, it’s a second step because first you must resign and then ask for forgiveness.”

“I know I can never really know or comprehend the real weight of the daily relentless anti-Black racism my son is going to face, but man, I know the fire that you feel when someone tries to destroy Black boy joy. Man, it’s a rage,” Bonin added.

Soon after, the council went on a brief recess. The meeting came after Martinez said Tuesday she would take a leave of absence from the Los Angeles City Council.

The comments elicited outrage across Los Angeles, with demands for her resignation coming Monday from Mayor Eric Garcetti, mayoral candidates Karen Bass and Rick Caruso, Sen. Alex Padilla and numerous members of the City Council." LA Times

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...eat-audio-leak

sigh - Just go away Nury and the rest who thought this kind of petty bullshit was OK. Shame on you.