Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-24-2010, 03:56 PM

Grassroots, Rove Style

Apparently in response to Michael Steele's colossal ineptitude, Karl Rove has recently started up a new "527" organization, a sort of grassroots "Shadow RNC" called American Crossroads. The IRS filing for the group reveals just how "grassy" the roots of this group are. It shows that 97% of the money raised so far, almost $5 million, was contributed by four guys, all billionaires, three of them from Dallas. Here's the story.

John
Old 07-24-2010, 05:29 PM

The Republican's couldn't have made a worse choice that Steele. They'll probably have to pay him off to leave.

Chas
Old 07-24-2010, 06:07 PM
Area Man

So, what are you trying to insinuate, John?

It's not about Rove performing political fellatio on his corporate masters in Dallas, it's all about "God and Country" and "Mama Grizzlies" protecting their precious cubs from evil people who would rather they not be forced into having to work until the day they die.

I like how they claim they "don't tax our members". And there may be some truth to that.
But, oh my Sweet Lord how they tax the living shit out of us every single time we pull up to the pumps.

Dave
Old 07-24-2010, 06:14 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
The Republican's couldn't have made a worse choice that Steele. They'll probably have to pay him off to leave.

Chas
He was little more than a token to begin with. He's just too dumb to realize it.

........or smear him until he quits. That's more like the GOP modus operundi. They don't like to pay anybody. If you want to make copper wire, all you have to do is drop a penny on the floor over at the RNC.

Dave
Old 07-24-2010, 06:17 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

One can only hope that between the RNC, American Crossroads, Michelle Bachmann's Tea Party Caucus and whatever else that the Republicans will destroy the party from within and from the ashes something good emerges. I'm not holding my breath though.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:23 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
One can only hope that between the RNC, American Crossroads, Michelle Bachmann's Tea Party Caucus and whatever else that the Republicans will destroy the party from within and from the ashes something good emerges. I'm not holding my breath though.
I see nothing but gun toting pick-up loads of Baptist Taliban and $6 gasoline coming from it...........

Dave

P.s. I've heard people say the same about the Democratic Party.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:31 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:

Chas
that's what happens when you go with a token

he has indeed been a disaster
Old 07-24-2010, 07:41 PM

I'm beginning to feel like a parent who has signed all of my assets over to the kids in order to protect them, only to realize that they're all a bunch of worthless meth freaks, and ain't gonna stop blowing in on cheap dope until we're all living in the gutter.

And if I squawk too much, they now have the legal authority to put me in one of those "places". And will, too.

Chas
Old 07-24-2010, 07:47 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
I'm beginning to feel like a parent who has signed all of my assets over to the kids in order to protect them, only to realize that they're all a bunch of worthless meth freaks, and ain't gonna stop blowing in on cheap dope until we're all living in the gutter.

And if I squawk too much, they now have the legal authority to put me in one of those "places". And will, too.

Chas
I was going to congratulate you on figuring out what the GOP was really about, but I realize you're talking about all of Washington. It's really hard to argue with you about that one. I'm gonna keep on looking for that hopey changey thing to happen for us, though.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 07-24-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I was going to congratulate you on figuring out what the GOP was really about, but I realize you're talking about all of Washington. It's really hard to argue with you about that one. I'm gonna keep on looking for that hopey changey thing to happen for us, though.

Regards,

D-Ray
I lean Republican because, on the most part, they tell me more of the lies I want to hear.

But basically, it's "Would you like that shit sandwich on wheat or rye?"

Chas