Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:49 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Don't get me started on Teri Schaivo. That poor woman is one of the reasons I absolutely despise that weasel Sean Hannity. He is an EVIL, EVIL man.

Dave
The Schaivo incident wasn't exactly the GOP's finest hour. As for Eddie Munster's evil twin (Hannity), if he were on fire, I wouldn't piss on him.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
The Schaivo incident wasn't exactly the GOP's finest hour. As for Eddie Munster's evil twin (Hannity), if he were on fire, I wouldn't piss on him.
You got that right.

Now I don't know if these people were just playing to the Bible Thumpers (probably), or just so stupid and arrogant that they think they should stick their noses into something that private and emotional.

Either way, they were terribly wrong.

This type of behavior is even worse than that idiot preacher from Kansas.

Chas
Old 07-23-2010, 05:51 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
You got that right.

Now I don't know if these people were just playing to the Bible Thumpers (probably), or just so stupid and arrogant that they think they should stick their noses into something that private and emotional.

Either way, they were terribly wrong.

Chas
Chas, you work so hard on convincing us that you are hard right, and then you come out and say something sensible. Actually, I tried to say wingnut, but that would have been too far off the mark to be funny.

Let's say that by '12, unemployment is at about 5-6%, the Dow Has risen steadily but it is stable, there's no inflation, gasoline is down to two bucks because of decreased demand, and you are saving money on healthcare. I'll bet even you would vote for Obama then.

Might as well give you a big head, fresh off of your boost for small businessmen. To me a wingnut is one of those who look to one of the talking heads to tell them what to think. You analyze the issues too much on your own for wingnut to apply. Now, I can't say a lot for some of the sources on which you rely for information, at least you can draw your own conclusions. And as I said, if the economy was in full recovery by 2012, I'll bet you would find it hard to pull the lever for some of the jacklegs who have made themselves prominent in the GOP.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 07-23-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Chas, you work so hard on convincing us that you are hard right, and then you come out and say something sensible. Actually, I tried to say wingnut, but that would have been too far off the mark to be funny.

Let's say that by '12, unemployment is at about 5-6%, the Dow Has risen steadily but it is stable, there's no inflation, gasoline is down to two bucks because of decreased demand, and you are saving money on healthcare. I'll bet even you would vote for Obama then.

Might as well give you a big head, fresh off of your boost for small businessmen. To me a wingnut is one of those who look to one of the talking heads to tell them what to think. You analyze the issues too much on your own for wingnut to apply. Now, I can't say a lot for some of the sources on which you rely for information, at least you can draw your own conclusions. And as I said, if the economy was in full recovery by 2012, I'll bet you would find it hard to pull the lever for some of the jacklegs who have made themselves prominent in the GOP.

Regards,

D-Ray
My sources???

I trust them about as much as your sources, which means I don't much trust any of 'em.

To the talking heads. They all report the same story, the best I can tell (since I don't much listen to them either), then they spin it to suit their choir.

Case in point, the latest racism flap. The politicians, along with the media, are playing "who's the biggest racist" card, pointing at one another, and raising all kinds of general hell.

When you get right down to it, it has nothing to do about race, but everything to do about them.

Guess it's better than talking about their record.

In response to your query, of course I would vote for a Donk. Done it before, and I'll be doing it in this election.

But I'm a dirty, money grubbing businessman. I go out and do things, take care of the problems, make sure everybody gets paid, and try to keep everybody happy at the same time.

I like it when everybody's happy. Like my mentor said, "When everybody's happy, you don't need a contract. It's when everybody AIN'T happy that you need a contract."

If the Donk produces, and everybody's as happy as they're gonna get, I'll make an "X" by his name.

I can count!!!

Chas
Old 07-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Loyal Opposition

Actually, it was a prediction more than a query. You confirmed my prediction, which probably makes you more rational than me. I think we see a lot of the same faults in politics. Overall, you would like the GOP to do what it has said it would, but really hasn't, and I would like the democrats to do what they say but really haven't. I think we would both be shocked to see a politician speaking honestly about what he thinks and what can be done, but we both know that anyone who did wouldn't be elected. Difference is, if either party accomplishes something, you will recognize is, and I will keep hoping that the dems will accomplish what I want them to accomplish.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 07-23-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Actually, it was a prediction more than a query. You confirmed my prediction, which probably makes you more rational than me. I think we see a lot of the same faults in politics. Overall, you would like the GOP to do what it has said it would, but really hasn't, and I would like the democrats to do what they say but really haven't. I think we would both be shocked to see a politician speaking honestly about what he thinks and what can be done, but we both know that anyone who did wouldn't be elected. Difference is, if either party accomplishes something, you will recognize is, and I will keep hoping that the dems will accomplish what I want them to accomplish.

Regards,

D-Ray
Rational???

That's a good one. Around Bugtussell, everyone thinks I'm crazier than a shithouse rat.

I'm not, really. Maybe on rare occasions, but people always focus on the bad and ignore the good...you know how that goes!!!

But it does solidify my reputation as a "character", which, in a small town, means people either love you or give you a wide birth.

I can live with either!!!

Concerning the substance of your reply, both sides talk a good game, tell different people what they want to hear. Then they pretty much do the same thing.

Feather their nests.

What can I say, I'm pretty jaded.

Chas
Old 07-23-2010, 09:48 PM

Damn sorry to hear about that. No human being should be treated like that. Bedsores in America in 2010???? Disgusting.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

Chas
Only because of who was doing it. We expect, and should demand, more of the President and Congress than to engage in such a cynical farce. As bad as Phelps is, and they don't come much worse, he's a marginal figure, not one of our "leaders".

John
Old 07-24-2010, 07:10 AM
Resident octogenarian

Finn quoted P.J. O'Rourke in another thread, well the guy was a known conservative yet he also said; "Republicans always claim government does not work, then they get elected and set out to prove that."