Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lin View Post
Even the commercials are painful to watch.

Do you guys think this will help or hurt her political career?

Personally I think the more time she spends in front of a camera the more she damages her image.
if 'shrub' was able to get reelected to a 2nd term, the same people that put him back in are probably capable of putting sarabelle in the whitehouse.

i'm not looking forward to that scenario.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:16 PM
Administrator

I wouldn't watch her on TV even if it showed a bear eating her.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:18 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I wouldn't watch her on TV even if it showed a bear eating her.
That, I would watch.

Dave
Old 11-20-2010, 07:44 PM

Any of you guys notice the record breaking ratings of the first show of the 8 part series (in which she gets a cool million per show)? Even Biden said she may be able to beat Obama. I'm honestly curious though; why do all of you Hate her so much? What did she do? I'm not all gaga for Ms. Palin, but I don't hate her, and I think she has a genuinly good heart (which is how I judge people). I would really like to understand why all the hate?
Old 11-20-2010, 08:04 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Any of you guys notice the record breaking ratings of the first show of the 8 part series (in which she gets a cool million per show)? Even Biden said she may be able to beat Obama. I'm honestly curious though; why do all of you Hate her so much? What did she do? I'm not all gaga for Ms. Palin, but I don't hate her, and I think she has a genuinly good heart (which is how I judge people). I would really like to understand why all the hate?
TD, I honestly don't have high regard for her character, for her professional competence or for her intelligence. I see a mean-spiritedness in her rhetoric - the way the uses very divisive language in her twitters, her facebook and her speeches. I see a lot of distortion in the way she presents issues. (For example, "palling around with terrorists" was a complete distortion - a lie) I see her as motivated by greed. She claims to be about public service, but she quit her elective office to go grab her millions.

I'll give her credit for having an ability to come up with catchy one-liners, but I thinks her entire political philosophy is a collection of one-liners. I don't think she is willing to study the issues deeply enough to address complex issues. She would have neither the understanding nor the ability to address other world leaders diplomatically. She is unable to see nuances in things, but rather lives in a black and white world - you're for me or your again' me. She was the tea party movement personified. The TP was willing to sacrifice Republican seats in the name of extreme right orthodoxy. The arrogance of that approach is not conducive to governing.

That's enough for starters. I'd come up with more if I thought for awhile.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 11-20-2010, 08:32 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
I would really like to understand why all the hate?
I don't hate her, but I do dislike what she represents - the American Idolization of our culture. She's a TV personality posing as a political leader/opinion-maker and plenty of dumb-ass people just suck it up.

She is to political leadership what Justin Bieber is to music.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I don't hate her, but I do dislike what she represents - the American Idolization of our culture. She's a TV personality posing as a political leader/opinion-maker and plenty of dumb-ass people just suck it up.

She is to political leadership what Justin Bieber is to music.
Ha, Justen Bieber. I have a dispatcher guy at work that I don't get along with at all (and it has nothing to do with the fact the he looks Iranian), and I'm getting him a Justen Bieber calender for Christmas along with a coffee cup with Bieber's picture full of pink carnations. He will lose his mind, seriously.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Ha, Justen Bieber. I have a dispatcher guy at work that I don't get along with at all (and it has nothing to do with the fact the he looks Iranian), and I'm getting him a Justen Bieber calender for Christmas along with a coffee cup with Bieber's picture full of pink carnations. He will lose his mind, seriously.
I wouldn't do that.

Myself, I'd put a rubber in his sandwich.

Chas
Old 11-20-2010, 09:23 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
TD, I have written very sincerely why I disdain her many times. What's not to get?
I dislike superficial people. I don't enjoy folks with no intellectual curiosity.
Her values run counter to everything I value. She is undisciplined and scatterbrained. (as shown by her quiting as governor, changing colleges 5 times and getting knocked up at 44.)
And most of all I see her with her kids and she is clearly a "mommy dearest". When I saw her with the little one on the campaign it made me very angry at her and sad for her daughter. I feel bad for all her kids. Honestly.
The women is phony and narcissistic in a Bozo sort of way.

Her fundamental beliefs were formed by 1960's television not a class room.
The women had an witch prevention ritual preformed on her by a real witch doctor!

Honest TD how can you even ask why folks don't like her?
that is what I truly don't understand.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:26 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
(and it has nothing to do with the fact the he looks Iranian),
OK, I give up. How does someone look Iranian and why would that be a bad thing?