Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:36 AM
Area Man

Just read through the whole thing. Although I have no intention of harming myself or anyone else, and feel terrible for those harmed or killed today, I've got to say it; The guy is right. That was about the best summation of what we have that I have ever read.

Thanks for the links, Chas.

Dave
Old 02-19-2010, 12:48 PM
Resident octogenarian

Well I read through it as well and as a former contract consultant I have no idea what in hell he is talking about. I had no special "rules" applied as far as my income taxes were concerned, other than quarterly reporting and that applies to anyone self employed.

While we do use a tax accountant I still read over the forms when I get them back, as much to see where all the 1099s etc get plugged in, etc. as to look for discrepancies.

Sure, the sub primates should be in jail but unfortunately it would be damn difficult to prove that they broke any laws; the mortgage system is such a dog's brekfast.

I get a lot of people telling me that lobbying is not legalized bribery because the First Amendment allows it but I maintain the it is a complete misreading of the amendment. And there is the source of much of the problems we are faced with, that coupled to the gullibility of the electorate. Given the way the system of government is set up the wonder is not that it works badly, but that it even works at all.

His rant against the Catholic church displayed a lot of bigotry as all "churches" are tax exempt, even Pat Robertson's.

But I guess it is allright for me to talk as I did not hear the voices he did.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Just read through the whole thing. Although I have no intention of harming myself or anyone else, and feel terrible for those harmed or killed today, I've got to say it; The guy is right. That was about the best summation of what we have that I have ever read.

Thanks for the links, Chas.

Dave
Well, he did make a few valid points. And he was totally bonkers on more than a few.

But you still have to pay your taxes, fair or not. And hiring a CPA doesn't mean that he's going to lie for you. And I can think of no better way to get flagged by the IRS than by not filing a return.

Chas
Old 02-23-2010, 07:47 AM
Resident octogenarian

His daughter was on the news last night, she thinks her daddywas a hero - do heroes normally go around killing innocent people? Seems like the whole family are wing-nuts.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:48 AM
Abby Normal

To be fair, it was her dad.

Yeah she should steer clear of the media but it is her "dad."
Old 02-23-2010, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
do heroes normally go around killing innocent people?
Oohhhhh. No. Better not go there.