Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-12-2021, 11:02 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
The crowd on the 6th was HUGE. Yet the damage was incredibly sparse. And no buildings burned, no cars burned, no dumpsters burned, and nobody got free TV's.

There was violence, but it was absurdly sparse. And why did the police simply move the barriers out of the way for the crowd to enter?

I'm not justifying the violence by a few (very few).

And watch what happens in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEkBMHjrj6I

I don't know who the guy was that was bashing the window, but it certainly appears the crowd was at least somewhat self policing. There seem to be some adults there.
I don't see any self-policing going on here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1pIkbPvI8s

It is sad that so many people are operating under what Trump's former press secretary called alternative facts. I tend to have some faith in the court system. Certainly, courts make errors. That is why we have an appellate process. I cannot, however, see the logic that would suggest that dozens of courts have engaged in a conspiracy to reject meritorious claims of a stolen election. The more logical conclusion is that there was a failure of proof. And a consistent failure of proof.
Old 01-12-2021, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I don't see any self-policing going on here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1pIkbPvI8s

It is sad that so many people are operating under what Trump's former press secretary called alternative facts. I tend to have some faith in the court system. Certainly, courts make errors. That is why we have an appellate process. I cannot, however, see the logic that would suggest that dozens of courts have engaged in a conspiracy to reject meritorious claims of a stolen election. The more logical conclusion is that there was a failure of proof. And a consistent failure of proof.
Different activity. I didn't say they self policed perfectly. Nobody does. They are, at the end of the day, human beings. Perfection is the enemy of excellence.

And they did self police. It's on video.