Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-27-2015, 12:41 PM
Mutated Member

Republicans are clowns, they are really lousy clowns.
Old 07-27-2015, 03:38 PM

I also feel the Dems are the lesser of two evils. Use to vote for the person regardless of the party. But quit that cycles ago. Straight Democratic until the crazies quit driving the clown car.

Just this last November two people I have known for twenty some odd years were running as Republican's in local elections. Liked them and considered as friends, but after reading their platforms, seeing ads, straight out of the TP playbook. Even used anti ACA and President for votes. Around these parts the TP is very vocal. Voted straight Democratic, they won BTW.

Guess the main reasons for voting Democratic is I care about social issues and fairness for all. A union supporter, see the need for workers to have rights. Contracts of employment are used all the time in professions and industries. They are OK when it is a CEO or Plummer, but a line worker or Teacher it is then a bad thing????

More then willing to have less so others less fortunate don't suffer. Don't mind paying taxes, just would like to see it used efficiently.

Bottom line is the feeling the Dems will lookout for society as a whole where the GOP looks out for the very top. Using the carrot to entice the masses they will someday be one.

Barney
Old 07-27-2015, 04:37 PM
Admin

I vote Democratic because they aren't insane.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:31 PM
reflexionar

As you can tell by my signature, I am an independent. I vote my conscience, no matter what the party affiliation is. Actually, that isn't quite true as my conscience tells me my vote isn't worth squat. At least I make an attempt. I am pro gun, pro choice, and anti fiscal waste. I believe there is plenty of money in the coffers to have adequate health care, national defense, and necessary social programs without hiking middle class taxes. We just need to go back to pre Reagan taxation and subdue corporate subsidies. The economy thrived before him, mostly because folks had money to spend. Guess that makes me a fuckered up dreamer.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:20 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanKardon View Post
Republicans are clowns, they are really lousy clowns.

I asked that there please be no name calling. If you continue i'll tell you mom on you !
Old 07-28-2015, 09:22 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
As you can tell by my signature, I am an independent. I vote my conscience, no matter what the party affiliation is. Actually, that isn't quite true as my conscience tells me my vote isn't worth squat. At least I make an attempt. I am pro gun, pro choice, and anti fiscal waste. I believe there is plenty of money in the coffers to have adequate health care, national defense, and necessary social programs without hiking middle class taxes. We just need to go back to pre Reagan taxation and subdue corporate subsidies. The economy thrived before him, mostly because folks had money to spend. Guess that makes me a fuckered up dreamer.

Finally, someone who answered the question in the manor I was looking for. Guess I should have specified what I was looking for a bit more.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:27 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

I'm in the same gang as Mike, the FUDs!
Old 07-28-2015, 10:42 AM
Loyal Opposition

I am registered as a Democrat, although I think that the Democrats are too conservative and too much under corporate influence. After all, our current President has operated as a moderate Republican. Overall, I believe that, despite the corporate influence, the Democrats are more likely to cut working people a break.

Perhaps the most compelling reason to have a Democratic president is the configuration of the courts. The President has the privilege, with the advice and consent of the Senate, to appoint all federal judges. The Supreme Court is most important, but it is important to remember that all federal judges receive lifetime appointments. Trial level federal judges can have substantial impact on the lives of people. That's why, as much as I would love to see Bernie Sanders in office, my number one concern is just win baby.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 07-28-2015, 11:17 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post

What views makes you a republican, democrat or whatever.
I am viewed as a democrat because any view not extreme right is now recognized only as democrat. Liberal, communist, so************************t is all just one big vat of democrat.

This stereotyping of political affiliation perceptions was the result of Mr Murdoch and his Fox News organization.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
I am viewed as a democrat because any view not extreme right is now recognized only as democrat. Liberal, communist, so************************t is all just one big vat of democrat.

This stereotyping of political affiliation perceptions was the result of Mr Murdoch and his Fox News organization.
That's a great response to the question posed here. And the GOP is yanked to the extreme right by a small rabid self funded minority. I should add that this minority is ignorant and ill educated and in the long run only shooting themselves in the foot. You impoverish the middle class in a market economy and where are the consumers?

Last edited by Rajoo; 07-28-2015 at 12:01 PM.