Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Audiokarma Temp

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-08-2015, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
You will see many posts of mine on guns, and my main stance is that the 2nd amendment, like the other 9 in the BOR needs a bit of common sense attributed. I think some regulation is necessary, but disarming the people in general or making ammunition illegal or any other such forms of "trickery" is volatile and stupid. OTOH, we don't need private citizens with 18 tons of C4 or dirty bombs either.
Or grenade launchers. Have a stop @ CALGUNS, you'd be amazed @ what's "out there", and in the Nanny State, even.
Old 03-08-2015, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
You will see many posts of mine on guns, and my main stance is that the 2nd amendment, like the other 9 in the BOR needs a bit of common sense attributed. I think some regulation is necessary, but disarming the people in general or making ammunition illegal or any other such forms of "trickery" is volatile and stupid. OTOH, we don't need private citizens with 18 tons of C4 or dirty bombs either.
Pretty much my feelings on the deal.

I am against free speech, however, if it's about something I don't like. Those folks need to be silenced.

Lol at Carl's family values post. I think she meant "family values for others." A lot of that kind of thinking going around.

Murray
Old 03-08-2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
Firearms forum, meh who cares?

Carl
Pretty good, CV. (but a smidge political? heh heh)
Old 03-08-2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic View Post
Took a break yesterday, but figured there's be an AK temp set up @ PC. Assuming politiking allowed @ all around us, but not within this particular sub forum? ;-)
Being a political board, discussions of firearms per se aren't really in our wheelhouse. The 2nd Amendment or the latest bit of fun with a Bushmaster are a different matter, of course, but these are so intertwined with politics and/or current events that the discussions usually happen there. Personally, I think that's more than sufficient.

Of course, if you want to indulge, there's this. The group was started by and subscribed to by a dozen or so members here but no conversations ever took place. Maybe you could start it rolling.
Old 03-08-2015, 02:41 PM

Nice looking, though. She may want to think about "eye values" too. More than a little silly not wearing some kind of eye protection whilst firing on a range.

Murray
Old 03-08-2015, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy_ps View Post
Nice looking, though. She may want to think about "eye values" too. More than a little silly not wearing some kind of eye protection whilst firing on a range.

Murray
Mandatory @ my range and most others.
Old 03-08-2015, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Heh, heh. We're an unruly lot over here. Dang libturd commies and malcontents of every stripe abound...
And making fun of poor defenseless women.

Carl
Old 03-08-2015, 02:48 PM

Signing off now -- errands -- you gents (and ladies, if any should join in) have fun!
Old 03-08-2015, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic View Post
Mandatory @ my range and most others.
Years ago, I was firing a 357/38 revolver and a little piece of shell casing peeled off and struck me in the face, about an inch below my eye. I know it was part of a brass shell because it stuck in my skin.

Not sure how the heck it came back and hit me but it did. That was enough to convince me.

Murray
Old 03-08-2015, 03:27 PM
Ready

Reloaded cart, perchance? Could mean metal fatigue from repeated resizing/bullet seating.

And an overloaded .357 puts a lot of unburned powder out the barrel, where it gets to explode like explosives always want, in all directions. Which, as you experienced, includes back your way.