Old 04-15-2014, 12:10 AM

More Was (Not Was) with Mel Torme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6Xt-u6ptWA

John
Old 04-15-2014, 06:26 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
No so fast. He had worked in the restaurant chain since fifteen. Started in the kitchen and worked up to owning two stores. Built up the stores business through good relationships with the customers and employees. He will be the first to tell you a big part is the employees. A bad one can run people away. There are still people we run into who wish he hadn't sold them. Or they want to know when he will open another. We run into the employees still at family gatherings. They were welcomed into the family and still all these years later are around.

When he sold the restaurants the selling point was the business built up by him. The clientele and the employees. He was approached with an offer that was to good to be true.

One is still going the other is long gone. Guess which one kept the same game plan my brother started and the one who cut corners.Barney
Barney that always amazes me, last place I worked was great, we made money, management and staff alike, it was a fun place to work. Then a big company bought us and proceeded to change everything that made the place successful, just because it did not fit their corporate image,
Old 04-15-2014, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Barney that always amazes me, last place I worked was great, we made money, management and staff alike, it was a fun place to work. Then a big company bought us and proceeded to change everything that made the place successful, just because it did not fit their corporate image,
Went through three mergers and they all went the same way. Take a smooth running ship and some wet behind the ears young gun would come in with all these big ideas. Things they learned in collage or a book. Not from doing a damm thing productive. Some would learn quickly and quietly shut the fk up and let us do our jobs. Others had to left to dig their own graves.

My brother would go to the troubled store and try and help the new owner but it didn't take. First the staff started leaving because of cuts, then changes to food prep because of costs. The customers started going somewhere else.

Barney