Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
...the country has switched over to "Summertime" gasoline.
yup. and that summertime gasoline musta been kissed with gold by the sun, cause they want an arm and a leg for it.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:15 PM

Oil prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Beginning?
What can I say, always was a little slow.

Chas
Old 06-09-2009, 01:41 AM

I'm still pulling 'cheap winter gas' out of the big tank I filled when it was cheap ( a buck-fifty a gallon ). My trucks seem to run no different on it now thats it's hot outside and one truck is 1975 and the other is 1994. If I'd had the money, I'd have stocked up alot more than I was able to. I'm fixing to start buying gas again week to week to fill up the S-10 soon, and at these prices I'll bitch quite a bit at the pump like I did last summer, or park the 1975 like I did when it was over 4 bucks a gallon.The 1975 has a home built 100 gallon aluminum fuel tank on the bed that it runs off ( has no tanks under the truck ) that I filled up when it was cheap and it is still just about full. It should last for a few horse rides anyways since I don't pull more than 30 miles to ride when I decide to ride elsewhere other than home.By the time I burn that up, maybe I can stock up with cheap winter gas again... if it goes down that cheap again. It pisses me off because I know darn well they only shafting us over the summer. Dunno about the rest of the country but here I see far more folks driving on the roads here during Thanksgiving and Christmas than I do in the summer. But yet they jack the prices up saying everybody and their brother drive during the summer. It may be true elsewhere, but I don't see it here.

Last edited by hillbilly; 06-09-2009 at 01:43 AM.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:59 PM

At least we don't burn bottled water. What's a gallon of that stuff cost if you buy it in the little plastic bottles.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:36 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
At least we don't burn bottled water. What's a gallon of that stuff cost if you buy it in the little plastic bottles.
"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!".