Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Going out this week to get new tires on Florence's car, you can be darn sure they will have been made here in NorAm. It took me 53 years to find her I am darn well not about to risk her life on Chinese tires.

Used to be the only tires I could get for the tractor trailer were Chinese from Home Depot, would not last a year, sidewalls would crack and split. Got a set of US built tires from Northern Tool, been on the trailer for five years now, good as new.
Wise decision. Talk is...the H1N1 virus vaccine will come from China. Sheesh!!! considering what happened to the baby formula...If it's true..
Old 09-15-2009, 01:57 PM
Resident octogenarian

FDA would not let in drugs from Canada yet they let in a compound used in Heparin from China and people died. Any people who will poison thier own children for profit . . . Seems they forget just who thier friends are.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:04 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I too used to look for the made in American label but its not as simple as that anymore.

I flat out refuse to shop at Wally world as I feel strongly they are one of the main reasons for industry other then Auto leaving the US. Not to mention the way they strong arm their wholesalers while screwing their employee is just a travesty ! Its a case of Corporations leading this once great country in to the shitter all for personal gain.

What saddens me is the hundreds of millions who shop at the above mentioned store to save .42 all the while blindly putting themselves out of a job..

Hear, Hear!!! Couldn't have said it better myself. Way to go, Grump!

Dave
Old 10-21-2009, 12:22 AM
Area Man

"Nothing just happens, David. A steel mill doen't just slip on a banana peel and go down the toilet. People make it happen. Workers and bosses that don't care, unions that don't know when enough is enough, and a government that doesn't give a damn anymore."

Sums it up pretty well.

My Dad told me that back in the 1980s when Ohios (My home state) steel industry took it's biggest fall. You'll see me quoting him a lot in this forum. He was the wisest man I've ever met.