Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-14-2023, 10:28 AM

What if Trump intentionally fails to show up for his trial in Miami Federal court?
Old 06-14-2023, 12:38 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
What if Trump intentionally fails to show up for his trial in Miami Federal court?
Sets up a conflict between people trying to physically arrest him, and people trying to physically prevent that. Might be something he'd try. If he issues a 'come to Mar-a-Lago and protect me' call, there might be many who respond.
Old 06-14-2023, 12:46 PM
Ready

If there was a thick (so to speak) cordon of MAGAs at Mar-a-Lago, it would put the Feds in a pickle. You don't want to go in guns blazing and kill a bunch of them. Huge mistake though to just lay siege; Trump would milk that situation, use the fact to the siege to incite more trouble. Basically, I think I'd send the troops in with sticks and tear gas, though use firepower if and when shot at....

Great idea to isolate Mar-A-Lago now, prevent the cordon from forming. DeSantis would have to do that....
Old 06-14-2023, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
If there was a thick (so to speak) cordon of MAGAs at Mar-a-Lago, it would put the Feds in a pickle. You don't want to go in guns blazing and kill a bunch of them. Huge mistake though to just lay siege; Trump would milk that situation, use the fact to the siege to incite more trouble. Basically, I think I'd send the troops in with sticks and tear gas, though use firepower if and when shot at....

Great idea to isolate Mar-A-Lago now, prevent the cordon from forming. DeSantis would have to do that....
My guess is it'd go on till some tipping point or other was reached, and then Trump & crew would get the Branch Davidian treatment......
Old 06-14-2023, 01:11 PM

In an interview with former National Security Advisor Jon Bolton. He spoke to Republicans.

Quote:
“This is the decision before you,” he added. “I want Republicans who think Trump should be given a pass to say so explicitly. Don’t whatabout it.”
Desperately wanting to avoid saying explicitly tRump is above the law great flocks of whatabouts have taken to the air. I think they should pace themselves. There's a whole 'nuther trial and at least two more indictments coming down the pike.

The GOP cry for the 2024 elections will be "We defended Donald Trump!. The reply to that by the Democrats running for office will be "Yeah, you defended Donald Trump".
Old 06-14-2023, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
My guess is it'd go on till some tipping point or other was reached, and then Trump & crew would get the Branch Davidian treatment......
I don't think so, that was on federal land and this is the town of Palm Beach in PB County (incorporated) and as DQ posted, DeFascist is in charge. He would absolutely invite a showdown like this and the only reason for Trump not to put put up a fight is not to give DeFascist an opportunity to look like a hero.
Old 06-14-2023, 01:18 PM

That's two-dimensional thinking. If you've seen Star Trek The Wrath of Kahn you'll see where I'm going. A phalanx of MAGAmoron plugging up ground access? Helicopter in, snatch his ass, helicopter out. The FBI loves to operate in the wee hours of the morning. Then once in custody keep him there. For his own safety of course
Old 06-14-2023, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
That's two-dimensional thinking. If you've seen Star Trek The Wrath of Kahn you'll see where I'm going. A phalanx of MAGAmoron plugging up ground access? Helicopter in, snatch his ass, helicopter out. The FBI loves to operate in the wee hours of the morning. Then once in custody keep him there. For his own safety of course
Both of us are off base here. The Defendant #1 IIRC is in New Joisy at his Bedisaster golf club. We can send the Mafia to make Trump an offer to surrender.
Old 06-14-2023, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Both of us are off base here. The Defendant #1 IIRC is in New Joisy at his Bedisaster golf club. We can send the Mafia to make Trump an offer to surrender.
That works for me.
Old 06-15-2023, 02:53 PM

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 354230313_740508351454500_6741246905198521337_n.jpg (217.9 KB, 7 views)