Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:32 PM

He may be done......

I cannot see him coming back from this....I pray that I am right. I knew when he dogged the cookie maker he was not suited for office. He proved it tonight...
Old 09-17-2012, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
I cannot see him coming back from this....I pray that I am right. I knew when he dogged the cookie maker he was not suited for office. He proved it tonight...
What did I miss?

John
Old 09-17-2012, 09:55 PM
Loyal Opposition

"What did I miss?"

A video from a Romney fundraiser where he labels 47% of the electorate as victims and so wedded to their entitlements that he doesn't care about getting their votes.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 09-17-2012, 10:06 PM

Not sure what the problem is. Is he wrong? Why would he care about losing people who identify themselves as being 'wedded to entitlements'? ... and any digbats out there who are still on the Obama bandwagon aren't going to suddenly vote for a rational and/or viable candidate instead, now are they.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezz View Post
Not sure what the problem is. Is he wrong? Why would he care about losing people who identify themselves as being 'wedded to entitlements'? ... and any digbats out there who are still on the Obama bandwagon aren't going to suddenly vote for a rational and/or viable candidate instead, now are they.
Mezz do you really believe that Democrats are the ones who leech off of the system??

I do not consider SS or Medicare which I have payed into for years as an entitlement. I payed for it and it is an earned benefit. If it is good enough for McCain it is good enough for me. Romney /Ryan want to take it away from me. That puts them in my asshole category.

Back to Romney. He is an out of touch, selfish bastard, who could give a fuck about 98% of the people in this country. I am betting you are included in this category.

You are totally brainwashed. A rational and viable candidate, are you kidding. He is a bumbler at even the simplest Presidential tasks. He totally failed in the most recent crisis, despite the fact that the Obama administration kept his staff full apprised of the situation in the Mideast.

Back to the government leeches. Most all of them vote R and live in red states. They love them some food stamps because working at Wal-mart, almost full time, just does not pay the bills.

The fact is mezz, most people that get "welfare" don't vote at all. So why does Romney say that 47% of the people that vote for Obama are sucking off the government tit.

I voted for him in 08. I don't suck off the government tit. As a matter of fact, I sent a check in to the IRS today for $2000 because of a miscalculation in April. Got it? I pay my taxes! Mittens shelters his and gets special tax rates. I would not give you a plug nickel for that son of a bitch.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:41 PM

Quote:
COSTA MESA, Calif. — Mitt Romney held a hastily arranged press conference here to engage in damage control hours after a video surfaced that showed him at a private May fundraiser describing 47 percent of the country as “dependent upon the government.”

The GOP nominee for president defended his remarks — first printed in the liberal magazine Mother Jones — while conceding they were not “elegantly stated.”
“I am sure I can state it more clearly and effectively than I did in a setting like that,” he told reporters assembled quickly at the Segerstrom Center for the Arts before attending a fundraiser.

Romney said the video didn’t fully capture his views or his entire comments about personal responsibility and the role of government in society.

“I am talking about a political process of drawing people in my campaign. … My campaign is about helping people take more responsibility,” Romney said.

“This is ultimately a question about the direction of the country. Do you believe in a government-centered society that provides more and more benefits? Or do you believe instead in a free-enterprise society where people are able to pursue their dreams?”
Romney was responding to the furor surrounding the release of a surreptitiously taped video of him speaking at a closed-door, $50,000-a-person fundraiser describing 47 percent of voters as non-taxpayers so dependent on government services that they’re bound to vote for President Barack Obama in November.

“There are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it,” Romney appears to be saying in the video.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz26nEyzIkp

Step in it once then turn right around and step in it again. And again....

Real presidential that guy.

Carl
Old 09-17-2012, 11:48 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
Step in it once then turn right around and step in it again. And again....

Real presidential that guy.

Carl
So that was that stench in the air here in Costa Mesa tonite. I had better burn some incense.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:50 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezz View Post
Not sure what the problem is. Is he wrong? Why would he care about losing people who identify themselves as being 'wedded to entitlements'?
Because more than half of them are teabaggers like you.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:16 PM

I imagine some of the 47% are republicans receiving their social security entitlements.

Aside from that, it was just a stupid thing for a presidential candidate to say.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:46 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
I imagine some of the 47% are republicans receiving their social security entitlements.

Aside from that, it was just a stupid thing for a presidential candidate to say.
Right, but they refuse to admit it. Why, what would their friends think?