Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-20-2023, 10:31 AM
Banned

Hunter Biden Lock Him Up!!!!!

Hunter reached a plea agreement with federal prosecutors on two misdemeanor tax charges and a gun charge.

Quote:
Hunter Biden has reached a deal with federal prosecutors to resolve a five-year federal investigation into his failure to pay about $1 million in federal taxes and his purchase of a handgun in 2018.

Under an agreement detailed Tuesday in a filing in federal court in Delaware, President Joe Biden’s son will plead guilty to a pair of misdemeanor tax charges. Prosecutors have also charged him with possessing a firearm while being a user of illegal drugs — a felony — but have agreed to dismiss that charge if he completes a two-year period of probation. New York Times - 6/20/23
That's it on the five-year federal investigation we paid for. If I wasn't so nauseous about this fucking nonsense with seditious asshole Republican traitors, I'd be rolling on the floor laughing my ass off. Maybe somebody knows about the gun "felony"? Was Hunter in possession of a gun while he was smoking weed? Reckon how often that happens down in South Carolina?

Last edited by Ike Bana; 06-20-2023 at 10:34 AM.
Old 06-20-2023, 10:48 AM
Ready

That gun law--possessing gun while using--is quite a nice gotcha for throwing the book at drug offenders. Gun and drug charges represent the biggest share of federal criminal charges, and this helps with that!
Old 06-20-2023, 01:32 PM
Banned

It's more than a bit interesting that conservatives who are constantly genuflecting at the mention of the founders, seem to have forgotten that the founders violently objected to the idea of the government having anything to say about what any American citizen might choose to put into their body.

...edit...

Ooops...I forgot about how the founders had no problem with abortion, just as long as the pregnancy was terminated prior to the quickening...typically between 16 and 20 weeks. When the mother can feel movement. The first trimester is 13 weeks.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 06-20-2023 at 04:44 PM.
Old 06-20-2023, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Hunter reached a plea agreement with federal prosecutors on two misdemeanor tax charges and a gun charge.

That's it on the five-year federal investigation we paid for. If I wasn't so nauseous about this fucking nonsense with seditious asshole Republican traitors, I'd be rolling on the floor laughing my ass off. Maybe somebody knows about the gun "felony"? Was Hunter in possession of a gun while he was smoking weed? Reckon how often that happens down in South Carolina?
That's it? No revelation(s) about the Biden crime syndicate? No revelation(s) about bribe taking or influence pedaling?
Hunter Biden didn't cry witch hunt.
Hunter Biden didn't obstruct justice.
Hunter Biden didn't plead the fifth.
Hunter Biden didn't rant and rave on social media.
Hunter Biden admitted his guilt and took a plea.
Get ready for the MAGA nitwits to lose their minds.
Old 06-21-2023, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
That's it? No revelation(s) about the Biden crime syndicate? No revelation(s) about bribe taking or influence pedaling?
Here is the most significant detail in the Hunter Biden saga which is ruffling so many MAGA feathers.

Quote:
It didn’t take long for MAGA World to attackthe plea agreement between Hunter Biden and the Justice Department, signed for by David Weiss, a Trump-appointed U.S. Attorney in Delaware who stayed on to complete the investigation. The president’s son has agreed to admit his guilt to two misdemeanor tax charges of failure to pay taxes on more than $100,000 of income in 2017 and 2018.
This investigation began in Oct, 2018! And,

Quote:
MAGA World finds it easy to ignore two paramount realities: First, Donald Trump, too, has the opportunity to plead guilty to far lesser charges than those for which he has been indicted. Second, there is no evidence that Hunter Biden sought to obstruct a federal investigation. That is the reason, as Barr has made clear, that Trump has been charged with such serious felonies. The rule of law cannot tolerate those who conceal or tamper with evidence in an effort to conceal their culpability.
And what plea will Trump accept?
He will keep repeating "I won in 2020" till someone puts a sock in his mouth.
Real problem is either MAGAts do not read or worse yet, do not understand what they read.

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciar...-are-nonsense/
Old 06-21-2023, 07:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
Yeah well...we knew in advance how American conservatives and inane Republican voters would interpret this plea deal. The fix is in for the left with the DOJ. The DOJ should be disbanded, Joe Biden should go to prison.

It's a culture war. It's us vs. the racists, bigots, sexists, homophobes, transphobes, and "thoughts and prayers" asshole gunners. We don't want the same things. We want everybody to be treated equally, we want the MAGA to get the hell out of everybody's bedroom, and we want their noses out of the reproductive organs of American women.

I'll tell y'all when I think this really started. It started with the first anti-Vietnam war demonstrations, and it was inflamed to this level of a cultural split on May 4, 1970 with the murder of four students at Kent State University and on May 15, 1970 with the murder of two more students at Jackson State University. And it was communicated clearly to the country by the May 8, 1970 Hard-hat riot in New York City...when New York coppers stood around with their thumbs up their asses while peaceful anti-war demonstrators were assaulted and beaten by asshole white supremacist construction workers and jerk-off asshole white supremacist office workers. One of the kids murdered at Kent State was named William Schroeder. He was an ROTC scholarship student walking between classes when he was struck in the chest by a single .306 round from a Garand M1 rifle. He died shortly thereafter while in surgery. His parents received hate mail and death threats, many saying that their communist son got exactly what he deserved. Letters from early MAGA.

The only thing new about this now is that one of the political parties is full of anti-democratic traitors. They're either actively traitorous or just looking the other way. One type is as bad as the other, and in my opinion the latter is the worst of them. And then there's the racist, bigot, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, "thoughts and prayers" asshole gunner Republican voters. Every fucking one of them.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 06-21-2023 at 08:00 AM.
Old 06-21-2023, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
The only thing new about this now is that one of the political parties is full of anti-democratic traitors. They're either actively traitorous or just looking the other way. One type is as bad as the other, and in my opinion the latter is the worst of them. And then there's the racist, bigot, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, "thoughts and prayers" asshole gunner Republican voters. Every fucking one of them.
When I get a chance, I will look up the word "toxic" in the dictionary. I suspect I'll see your picture there.

Isn't it the Left that's constantly pushing the idea that rich white guys are always getting light sentences while the less fortunate and minorities get stiffer sentences? Why are we not hearing that narrative trumpeted in light of Hunter Biden't treatment?

Just for the record, I suspect if Hunter's last name wasn't Biden, this is how he'd have been treated by the Justice Dept: https://www.lawinfo.com/resources/cr...ossession.html

Most Gun Charges Result in a Guilty Plea
Like most federal charges, most defendants charged with a federal firearms offense chose to plead guilty rather than go to trial. 8,251 of the 8,461 total sentences involved a guilty plea. That means less than 1% of defendants chose to go to trial. Those who were convicted at trial received more than double the sentence of those who pled guilty.

This is another reason why prosecutors like to use weapons enhancements as a tool to secure cooperation from a defendant. According to 2019 data, most defendants did not like their chances of defending against illegal firearms possession at trial.

Plea or Trial Total Average Sentence (months)
  • Guilty Plea: 49
  • Guilty Plea and Trial: 86
  • Jury Trial: 119
  • Nolo Contendere (No Contest): 51
  • Trial by Judge or Bench Trial: 67
Old 06-21-2023, 09:22 AM

The rock is kicked over and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Isn't it the Left that's constantly pushing the idea that rich white guys are always getting light sentences while the less fortunate and minorities get stiffer sentences? Why are we not hearing that narrative trumpeted in light of Hunter Biden't treatment?

Just for the record, I suspect if Hunter's last name wasn't Biden, this is how he'd have been treated by the Justice Dept: https://www.lawinfo.com/resources/cr...ossession.html

Like most federal charges, most defendants charged with a federal firearms offense chose to plead guilty rather than go to trial. 8,251 of the 8,461 total sentences involved a guilty plea. That means less than 1% of defendants chose to go to trial. Those who were convicted at trial received more than double the sentence of those who pled guilty.

This is another reason why prosecutors like to use weapons enhancements as a tool to secure cooperation from a defendant. According to 2019 data, most defendants did not like their chances of defending against illegal firearms possession at trial.

Whatabouts & what if's. You really can't help yourself can you. (Rhetorical question)
Old 06-21-2023, 09:34 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
When I get a chance, I will look up the word "toxic" in the dictionary. I suspect I'll see your picture there.

Take it up with the Special Counsel appointed by AG Barr after having been appointed US Attorney by Trump and who recently affirmed in a letter to Congress that he had total independence from AG Garland in the investigation and charging decisions. And then take it up with the federal judge responsible for approving the plea agreement.
Old 06-21-2023, 11:13 AM

So anyone who smokes a joint now and then......in a state where it is illegal...buys a firearm.....is also guilty....same as Hunter, right?

Can you even legally own a firearm in states with legal pot?