Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-03-2014, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Russia needs Germany to upgrade its industries.
And Germany needs the business. Perhaps that's why Angela Merkel has convinced Putin to accept the idea of a "contact group" on Ukraine.

I still don't think getting his membership in G8 suspended (it wouldn't be revoked) worries Putin very much. Russia can exert more influence in BRICS and BRICS is the "coming thing", big, big resource rich countries (except for "S") with billions of people. Sooner or later, they'll rival G8 and maybe surpass them.

John
Old 03-03-2014, 07:29 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
We must be doing something right around here if we've come to the attention of the Koch brothers, Breitbutts and Infowars' sock puppets.
I don't think we're anything special. I think they are working on being everywhere.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
I know you think you are being so knowledgeable, offering us your cut-and-paste wisdom, but the reality is that you are such an idiot you don't realize how pathetically stupid you make yourself look.
All fixed now.

John
Old 03-03-2014, 07:41 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Nevertheless, there may be a Muslim element in all this but from outside Ukraine. On their website, the leader of the Ukrainian neo-Nazi "Right Sector" is supposed to have posted a plea to Doku Umarov, the leader of the Chechen jihadist rebels, asking him to step up attacks on Russian territory and interests.

The Right Sector claims that their site was hacked. Given what we now know of the capabilities and practices of the NSA and British GCHQ, it's entirely plausible that Russia's FSB is behind it. I suspect their capabilities in that area are at least on a par with our own.

Interestingly, I think that the Muslim minority in Ukraine are mostly in Crimea. I think too that they're pretty well assimilated into Crimean society and would be pretty tough to radicalize.

John
I understand why neo-Nazi would by the Russian propagandistic description of their Ukraine opponents, but why is it yours?
Old 03-03-2014, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
I understand why neo-Nazi would by the Russian propagandistic description of their Ukraine opponents, but why is it yours?
I'm a Russian propagandist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_Sector

John
Old 03-03-2014, 07:58 PM
Admin

Quote:
I don't think we're anything special. I think they are working on being everywhere.
Neither do I, FWIW. AFAICS we're a buncha old farts sitting around the neighborhood pub sippin' ale and swappin' stories. Sammy girl could be just a rudimenmtary AI crawler of some sort, spewing nonsense when it's unattended. Meh, I don't really give a crap one way or the other as I've given up on paying either one of them much attention.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:09 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Neither do I, FWIW. AFAICS we're a buncha old farts sitting around the neighborhood pub sippin' ale and swappin' stories. Sammy girl could be just a rudimenmtary AI crawler of some sort, spewing nonsense when it's unattended. Meh, I don't really give a crap one way or the other as I've given up on paying either one of them much attention.
I'm still gonna go after her with both barrels blazin'. It's easy target practice and it's fun to watch such a moronic shill squirm.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:10 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I'm a Russian propagandist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_Sector

John
No you aren't, so there must be some other explanation. But you do have a sarcastic streak....

From the wiki: "According to various reports, the organization has between 2,000 and 3,000 active members in Kiev."

I'm sure they are organized and have a power position in the current turmoil, but does the entire opposition movement deserve to be be tarred with the Nazi brush?
Old 03-03-2014, 08:34 PM

Quote:
No you aren't, so there must be some other explanation. But you do have a sarcastic streak....

From the wiki: "According to various reports, the organization has between 2,000 and 3,000 active members in Kiev."

I'm sure they are organized and have a power position in the current turmoil, but does the entire opposition movement deserve to be be tarred with the Nazi brush?
If you go back and re-read my post, you'll see that I specifically mentioned the Right Sector, which is a neo-Nazi group, as the source of the plea for help from the Chechen jihadis. I wasn't trying to suggest that the entire interim government of Ukraine is neo-Nazi. That being said, the Right Sector and another neo-Nazi party, Svoboda, have a presence in the new government. Svoboda, in fact has six cabinet positions, including "Secretary of the Security and National Defense Committee" and "Prosecutor General of the Ukraine".

John

Last edited by Boreas; 03-03-2014 at 08:38 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Read more before you say more, 4-2-7. Your buddy turns out to be a shill for a 'famous' Putin-hugging nutburger.

Nobody was acting like children. When something stinks a lot, even adults will exclaim about it.
Thats absurd nobody reads this site, there is nothing going on here to spread information. There is no value to anything here maybe 10 participant that self inflate there own egos.

You all can't even write your own topic for a post on this site. Just a bunch of rerun article links for leftwing pandering.

All this place provides is a hangout for a few individuals who make this site not grow to any level of notoriety.

Calling people trolls and shills every time they show up here, is as ludicrous as any other far fetched post you think is out there in loony land.

In fact you all disrupt this site far more than any troll could possibly do. You all get your own self esteem boost trying to belittle others, it looks so pitiful.

So now then you warned me of a fictional shill, does that mean I'm not a troll any more. See thats the baby ass shit you all offer here. I came over from AK and supported that site not just with post. I dumped two grand of my hard earned money over there this xmass trying to help people out and VOA. Why would a troll do that? Sure I don't mind a disagreement but thats not offered much here even. Just shit all over the threads and nothing accomplished by it.

You and I personal have had some good dialogue and a few others around here. But to tell the truth I'm not learning anything with all the crap going on.

Oh please excuse all the bad grammar misspelling and anything else you can possibly find. I'm just an inept, illiterate, ill-informed ignorant, uneducated high school dropout that doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. Although I much rather be that individual than some of the individuals I've seen participating on this site.