Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-10-2017, 10:47 AM

This is a sad commentary about our politics. These types of "October surprises" happen so frequently that we don't, any may never, know the full truth of this. Part of me agrees with Romney on this: it's a distraction, so best to remove the distraction and have Moore step aside. However, it if really is political dirty tricks, the perps of the dirty tricks campaign win, and that's wrong.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
This is a sad commentary about our politics. These types of "October surprises" happen so frequently that we don't, any may never, know the full truth of this. Part of me agrees with Romney on this: it's a distraction, so best to remove the distraction and have Moore step aside. However, it if really is political dirty tricks, the perps of the dirty tricks campaign win, and that's wrong.
Do you really believe that WoPo conjured up this story?

For proof read the quotes from the Bama Republican leaders justifying Moore's acts from the Bible. Only the guilty invoke God and religion.

Besides it has been established that the four women did not approach Wapo nor did they know one another.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
You’re a joke. Trying to pose as an unbiased observer. Gimme a break. This guy is a sleazeball, always has been. WaPo is doing exactly what it is supposed to do, reporting the facts. Thankfully, the disgusting are exposed, and Trump, despite his best efforts, has been unable to suppress the free press.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:17 AM

Here is a must read column from someone who has been in a similar situation like Leigh Corfman.
Quote:
The evil of sexual predators is that they attack the weak, make them weaker, then discredit them because of their weakness. These arrogant monsters go on to bigger and better things, leaving a collection of wounded people in their wake. But these victims, one by one, are coming forward anyway — well aware that they’ll be mocked and disbelieved, well aware that some will scrutinize their lives more harshly than their predators’.
Now why would Ms. Corfman subject herself to this inquisition especially considering that her life has not been very fortunate so far?

What it’s like to watch men like Roy Moore as a conservative and as a sex abuse survivor

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.c0f8bc73ccee
Old 11-10-2017, 11:55 AM

Conservative columnist Jennifer Rubin, as usual, sums this up better than almost anyone.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ores-accusers/
Old 11-10-2017, 05:26 PM

Republican Establishment Bails on Alabama Candidate After Sex Allegations
Quote:
(Reuters) - The Republican Senate campaign wing on Friday cut fundraising ties with Roy Moore, the party's U.S. Senate nominee in Alabama, the latest sign that the Republican establishment was abandoning his campaign a day after sexual misconduct allegations upended a seemingly one-sided race.
The GOP establishment will not make such a decision unless they feel strongly that Roy Moore is guilty, regardless of his claims of innocence and memory losses. Fact that he was not their candidate to begin with also makes it easier. Should be an interesting infighting between forces aligned with McConnell and Bannon.

https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news...ex-allegations
Old 11-10-2017, 05:32 PM

I wounder if any coerced abortions are in this fellows past?

Barney
Old 11-11-2017, 09:18 PM

It is interesting how things have changed over the years. My grandfather married my grandmother when she was 15 . And, my good friends father married his mother when she was 14. They both stayed married until they died.

Hell, in those days if you were still single at 20 you were and old maid.

I guess no evidence accusations of sexual abuse will take the place of racism in the lefty tool box since they have pretty much worn racism out.
Old 11-11-2017, 09:24 PM

A thirty plus year old man asking the Mothers permission to date their daughter?

Yes I see the smoke.

Make excuses but, Weiner goes to jail for sexting a minor.....

Both are wrong! Should be so anyway.

Barney
Old 11-11-2017, 09:44 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroJunk View Post
It is interesting how things have changed over the years. My grandfather married my grandmother when she was 15 . And, my good friends father married his mother when she was 14. They both stayed married until they died.

Hell, in those days if you were still single at 20 you were and old maid.

I guess no evidence accusations of sexual abuse will take the place of racism in the lefty tool box since they have pretty much worn racism out.
I guess if there's a (R) next to the name, racism, sex abuse, money laundering, and collusion with a hostile foreign power are nothing so bad....

In particular, (Ds) leveling accusations are always to be ignored, facts be damned. Right?