Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Politics and the Environment

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:08 AM
Admin

Record Melt Of The Artic Ice

http://www.latimes.com/news/science/...#axzz2qXMUa3y0

Summer of 2013 sets new record.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:11 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Yeh, but cold weather last week conclusively proves that climate change is bunk. Rush told me so.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Yeh, but cold weather last week conclusively proves that climate change is bunk. Rush told me so.
And some places here in California we have started water rationing in January.

Carl
Old 01-16-2014, 01:52 PM
Area Man

What global warming? It's 60 degrees here, this afternoon............in January.

But, it was cold last night for a few hours, so SHUT UP, LIBTARD!

Dave
Old 01-16-2014, 02:13 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post

Those Satellite images of the ice cap have been photoshoped by the vast librul Global Warming Hoax conspiracy.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:35 PM

Climate change is not bunk...just the fact that climate change has been happening for many thousands of years and if the age of earth is to be considered...has been happening for eons...Global warming and global cooling has been happening for a very long time...remember the time the earth became a giant snow ball? i sure dont.
Kind makes one wonder how long the global warming has been happening since then. But science has said it happened. Man had nothing to do with it.

Lets consider mans gaseous emissions. Since the industrial age begun.
Then consider the earths volcanoes. In what order of magnitude do the volcanoes emit VS mans output?...Is the volcano's output measureable in thousands of gigatons per year? hexatons? IIRC mans out put is less then 1 percent of the volcanoes output. but we are to be held accountable for the said climate change/warming...i dunno.
Not to rankle any feathers. Just seemed an underlying implication. hello every one.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:10 AM
Admin

Hey Budge, how's it going?
From where I'm sitting it's not just the carbon output but all the toxic crap we're putting up into the air. Coal being the worst and oil a close second. Also fracking seems stupid the way we are doing it. It is poisoning the ground water.
Meanwhile we are looking at some serious sea level rise down the road, we can do better, one would hope. We seem to be shitting the nest and no matter what Pete thinks , offworld terraforming and colonization ain't happening any time soon.
All we've got is this precious little blue & white marble spinning around the sun for the foreseeable future.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:09 PM

i rather like this little marble we live on. And i have been doing much better. No withdrawal symptoms for a while. Last winter, spring and summer were very bad for me. Now i need to find work.
Hope you are far from where all them fires are over there, that is some serious drought happening over there.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:17 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by budgetaudio6 View Post
i rather like this little marble we live on. And i have been doing much better. No withdrawal symptoms for a while. Last winter, spring and summer were very bad for me. Now i need to find work.
Hope you are far from where all them fires are over there, that is some serious drought happening over there.
I'm down near the coast, completely urban landscape. So, little to no chance of fire but it sure messes up the air quality. We had one several years back in the foothills of Orange county and it was snowing ash where I live. Nasty shit.
Good to here you are doing better and good luck on the job search.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:22 PM

That is good to here, and thanks.