Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-17-2017, 02:00 AM

Donald Trump (our President) is a president who thrives on division... whether that division be in his businesses, WH staff and cabinet, or in the Nation at-large. Our president had a golden opportunity to demonstrate leadership by immediately and specifically denouncing alt-right/alt left hate and refute the support of racist contingents. Yet he ultimately decided to embrace it, measure it, and weigh it in his tilted mind like it was some sort of I’m right your wrong contest. Moving on....

Fuck all the statues. Fuck all the sensational videos. Fuck all permits and who swung first. Right then & now, that shite should be neither here or there. Lost (in the) Cause indeed people!

I happened to catch some of Heather Heyer's memorial service yesterday afternoon live on TV. Outa nowhere, something deep down bubbled up above the din of media blitz & tweets about statues, permits, alt this, alt that and I began to weep; then really cry as Heather's mother spoke of her child lost. What a gal, what a mom and her steadfast empathy and concern addressing a nation....THIS was genuine leadership.

South Carolina is my home going on 35+ years, so I’m no stranger when it comes to race related calamity both locally and nationally, past to present. Afterwards, when I reflected upon why I “all of a sudden” was wiping tears off my cheeks during Heather’s mom’s eulogy, I asked myself, why am I so sad and emotional this go round? I've never really felt this needy in the sense of needing reassurance/comfort from the POTUS at a time of national tragedy. Maybe because I’d always taken it as a given and/or absorbed it subconsciously. However, this time round there was an obvious and most disturbing unfamiliar hole.

I then realize that my tears were not just for Heather, her family, and the other victims of senseless violence but the fact that we, as a nation, must now rely on a grieving mother of a 32 year old daughter to bring the United States as a whole back together with non-partisan and non-vindictive words of hope. Why.... the fuck?!!

Because Donald J. Trump, our president, is sadly and blatantly more concerned and consumed with “winning” some petty argument in front of a camera than he is to lend honest and heartfelt condolences to Heather’s family and reassurance to the nation. Heather along with the other victims were not and are not even in the back of his numb nut mind. I did however find out that our president not only owns a house in Charlottesville but one of the largest and greatest wineries in the United States of America. #cheersDJT

That and this is what made me cry. So on behalf of America, R.I.P Heather.

Oh yeah..... and fuck our president Donald J. Trump and the narcissistic personality disorder he rode in on ! sniff--Fuck me

Last edited by +48v; 08-17-2017 at 02:25 AM.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
That's all you have in your quiver? Bless your heart.
Poor old Bob.
Old 08-17-2017, 07:32 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by +48v View Post
Donald Trump (our President) is a president who thrives on division... whether that division be in his businesses, WH staff and cabinet, or in the Nation at-large. Our president had a golden opportunity to demonstrate leadership by immediately and specifically denouncing alt-right/alt left hate and refute the support of racist contingents. Yet he ultimately decided to embrace it, measure it, and weigh it in his tilted mind like it was some sort of I’m right your wrong contest. Moving on....

Fuck all the statues. Fuck all the sensational videos. Fuck all permits and who swung first. Right then & now, that shite should be neither here or there. Lost (in the) Cause indeed people!

I happened to catch some of Heather Heyer's memorial service yesterday afternoon live on TV. Outa nowhere, something deep down bubbled up above the din of media blitz & tweets about statues, permits, alt this, alt that and I began to weep; then really cry as Heather's mother spoke of her child lost. What a gal, what a mom and her steadfast empathy and concern addressing a nation....THIS was genuine leadership.

South Carolina is my home going on 35+ years, so I’m no stranger when it comes to race related calamity both locally and nationally, past to present. Afterwards, when I reflected upon why I “all of a sudden” was wiping tears off my cheeks during Heather’s mom’s eulogy, I asked myself, why am I so sad and emotional this go round? I've never really felt this needy in the sense of needing reassurance/comfort from the POTUS at a time of national tragedy. Maybe because I’d always taken it as a given and/or absorbed it subconsciously. However, this time round there was an obvious and most disturbing unfamiliar hole.

I then realize that my tears were not just for Heather, her family, and the other victims of senseless violence but the fact that we, as a nation, must now rely on a grieving mother of a 32 year old daughter to bring the United States as a whole back together with non-partisan and non-vindictive words of hope. Why.... the fuck?!!

Because Donald J. Trump, our president, is sadly and blatantly more concerned and consumed with “winning” some petty argument in front of a camera than he is to lend honest and heartfelt condolences to Heather’s family and reassurance to the nation. Heather along with the other victims were not and are not even in the back of his numb nut mind. I did however find out that our president not only owns a house in Charlottesville but one of the largest and greatest wineries in the United States of America. #cheersDJT

Oh yeah..... and fuck our president Donald J. Trump and the narcissistic personality disorder he rode in on ! sniff--Fuck me

I did see the video of some of the memorial service. Very affecting. I think the family's response is amazing.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:47 AM

Trump just tweeted idiotic statement about the statues being cultural heritage. Phoenix mayor asked him to delay his trip there, as country is still healing, especially if he's going to pardon the old racist sheriff. Trump won't listen or care, of course. Zero class.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:29 PM

Vice News #181

https://news.vice.com/story/vice-new...ace-and-terror

Barney
Old 08-18-2017, 10:30 AM

The Republicans who want to legalize running over protesters
Quote:
This year, Republican lawmakers in at least six states have proposed bills designed to protect drivers who strike protesters. The first bill was introduced in North Dakota in January, and similar bills have since come under consideration in North Carolina, Tennessee, Florida, Texas and Rhode Island.

They were joined by other states trying to discourage protests — typically relating to Black Lives Matter, the Dakota Access Pipeline or other left-leaning causes — that sometimes obstruct traffic.
I should be shocked but somehow I am not anymore.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...mepage%2Fstory
Old 08-18-2017, 11:02 AM

James Murdoch, Rebuking Trump, Pledges $1 Million to Anti-Defamation League
Quote:
With a subject line reading, “Subject: Personal note from James Murdoch re: ADL,” Mr. Murdoch addressed the note to “friends.”

“I’m writing to you in a personal capacity, as a concerned citizen and a father. It has not been my habit to widely offer running commentary on current affairs, nor to presume to weigh in on the events of a given day save those that might be of particular or specific concern to 21CF and my colleagues,” he wrote. “But what we watched this last week in Charlottesville and the reaction to it by the President of the United States concern all of us as Americans and free people.”
Don't know to much about the son but at least he seems to be standing up at a personal level to Trump. From what I read though, Faux News is still fully behind our Feuhrer. And why just ADL?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/17/u...T.nav=top-news
Old 08-18-2017, 11:15 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
James Murdoch, Rebuking Trump, Pledges $1 Million to Anti-Defamation League

Don't know to much about the son but at least he seems to be standing up at a personal level to Trump. From what I read though, Faux News is still fully behind our Feuhrer. And why just ADL?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/17/u...T.nav=top-news
Why does the ADL donation you? The focus since last week has been Nazis and their WSM followers. If I were a militant Jew ...
Old 08-18-2017, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
Why does the ADL donation you? The focus since last week has been Nazis and their WSM followers. If I were a militant Jew ...
Civil War era statues have been coming down in response to the events in Charleston.
Old 08-18-2017, 11:31 AM
Mutated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by +48v View Post

Your post shows that the "Good America" is still alive, and this is encouraging and comforting. +48v, Sir, I assure you that the evil will not be victorious at last, believe me. Empathy will be victorious, but this victory will still cost a lot of lives. Let us all stand side by side, we common sense people all around the world, let us stand shoulder to shoulder so that we will overcome the cancerous tumour called Trump (and the cancerous tumour called Isis)...