Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-29-2022, 12:54 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
That said, the desire by some to rush to judgment and attach this to the political right is rather disgusting. Why not at least wait for the police investigation to complete?
What is actually disgusting is that the GOP has normalized, even encouraged, political violence and will only renounce it if it is directed at them (Scalise, Kavanaugh) but make excuses, change the subject or blame the victim if the attacker is a MAGAt (which is far more frequent). On the very day that Paul Pelosi was attacked by a guy yelling "Where's Nancy?", another MAGAt pleaded guilty for making a series of death threats to Eric Swalwell and a conservative news site criticized Ilhan Omar for hiring security because of the death threats she receives from MAGAt's. Meanwhile, Fox News blamed Pelosi for not having enough security even though she wasn't even in California. As for rushing to judgment, I clearly remember you doing so after a guy turned himself in for threatening Kavanaugh.

BTW, here's the outspoken MAGA heartthrob, MTG, advocating Leader Pelosi being put to death:

"She's a traitor to our country, she's guilty of treason. She took an oath to protect American citizens and uphold our laws. And she gives aid and comfort to our enemies who illegally invade our land. That's what treason is. And by our law representatives and senators can be kicked out and no longer serve in our government. And it's, uh, it's a crime punishable by death is what treason is. Nancy Pelosi is guilty of treason."

Last edited by finnbow; 10-29-2022 at 12:57 PM.
Old 10-29-2022, 01:11 PM

This is symptomatic of the demonization of Pelosi by Faux "News" and Whell's favorite, disgusting, far-Reich politicians, just as they demonized Hillary in the past (and continue to do so today).

Whell, you and your type are utterly and thoroughly disgusting. Get a f'ing clue!
Old 10-29-2022, 01:17 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
This is symptomatic of the demonization of Pelosi by Faux "News" and Whell's favorite, disgusting, far-Reich politicians, just as they demonized Hillary in the past (and continue to do so today).

Whell, you and your type are utterly and thoroughly disgusting. Get a f'ing clue!
Indeed. Just as a murderous throng shrieking "Where's Nancy" on Jan. 6 were "normal tourists," one should not pass judgment on a murderous MAGAt shrieking "Where's Nancy" in a failed assassination attempt of the 3rd highest ranking politician in the land. I suppose his attack is "normal carpentry."

And here's the last California GOP Gubernatorial candidate's take on the attack:

Last edited by finnbow; 10-29-2022 at 01:22 PM.
Old 10-29-2022, 01:36 PM
Ready

Faux sympathy is taunting. Turns on weak people who long to hurt others; turns off healthy people.
Old 10-29-2022, 01:47 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

I wonder how long it will take for the assailant to get invited onstage as a guest speaker at a Trump or CPAC rally, right next to Kyle Rittenhouse.
Old 10-29-2022, 02:09 PM

Historian describes Trump as one of the leading influencers of political violence
https://www.alternet.org/2022/10/historian-trump/

Without a shadow of doubt.
Old 10-29-2022, 02:24 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

In March of 2020, I sat in a federal courtroom in Utah and watched a man stand before the judge and murmur through sobs, “This wasn’t me. This wasn’t me.”

The defendant, a 55-year-old health-insurance salesman named Scott Brian Haven, wasn’t protesting his innocence. He openly acknowledged that over the two-year period before his arrest in the summer of 2019, he had placed 3,950 calls to the Washington offices of various Democratic members of Congress, spewing profanities and threatening violence against them...

Haven, as it turned out, got his news from the conservative talk-radio-show hosts Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh—and, of course, from the president he so admired, Donald Trump.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...-trump/671907/
Old 10-29-2022, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
What is actually disgusting is that the GOP has normalized, even encouraged, political violence and will only renounce it if it is directed at them (Scalise, Kavanaugh) ..."[/I]
1) Untrue. Public renouncements of violence from the GOP, including Jan 6th, are the norm.

2) Your post conveniently ignores similar threats of violence coming from Dems.

3) Your insistence to try to tie this event to your political opponents is disgusting.
Old 10-29-2022, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post

I'm disgusting because I'm not in a rush to judgment on a motive for this attack? What exactly is my "type", Chicklet? Is my type someone who won't rush to politicize an act of violence for my own benefit like you? Or, are you again suggesting that, based on your remark above, I'm somehow a fan of Nazi-ism?

C'mon Chickie. Spell it out. Describe what you mean by my "type"?
Old 10-29-2022, 03:22 PM
Admin

You really are trying much too hard, Mike.

Ps your underwear story is courtesy of KFI AM talk radio owned by iheartradio, the home of Rush Limbaugh for 26 years and wingnut darlings John & Ken.

Only the braindead zombies of reichwing Libertarianism tune in to that station out here on the left coast, my friend.