Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-23-2016, 05:48 PM
Area Man

Conservative Ideology, Objectives

I sit back and listen to conservatives bitch and whine about "protesters", "union thugs" and so on, crying, "Just do as the cops tell you!", "Shut up and do your job!", "If you don't want to go to jail, obey the law!", etc., etc., etc. They just seem to despise anyone who stands up to moneyed power, don't they?

Then I consider their dogged insistence that "America is not a Democracy!", that "freedom of speech" only applies to preachers, "Liberal" bashing propagandists and homophobic bigots...............

Then I attach all of this to their obvious and nearly perverse love affair with armed/uniformed governmental employees such as law enforcement and the military and I can't help but wonder;

Who is it that supports oppressive government?

Really, think about that. They claim they oppose governmental power, but the military budget is never big enough for them, their answer to crime always seems to involve little more than more cops with less restrictions and more prisons and less laws restricting the ability of citizens to kill each other............ Well, just how in the hell do they think "governmental power" manifests itself?

It manifests itself in uniformed government employees cracking the skulls of anyone who ".....gets out of line.". It manifests itself in "protesters" being gagged and beaten. It manifests itself in government making it difficult to impossible to fight corporate abuses.

So, tell me;

Old 04-23-2016, 06:02 PM
Rational Anarchist

Oppressors.
Old 04-23-2016, 06:46 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
Oppressors.
I just invented NAILER jokes!

You know who Nailer told me was in the hospital? Sick people!

You know what Nailer got when he crossed a stream and a brook? Wet feet!

You know what really burns Nailer's ass? A brush fire about this high....
Old 04-23-2016, 06:49 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I sit back and listen to conservatives bitch and whine about "protesters", "union thugs" and so on, crying, "Just do as the cops tell you!", "Shut up and do your job!", "If you don't want to go to jail, obey the law!", etc., etc., etc. They just seem to despise anyone who stands up to moneyed power, don't they?

Then I consider their dogged insistence that "America is not a Democracy!", that "freedom of speech" only applies to preachers, "Liberal" bashing propagandists and homophobic bigots...............

Then I attach all of this to their obvious and nearly perverse love affair with armed/uniformed governmental employees such as law enforcement and the military and I can't help but wonder;

Really, think about that. They claim they oppose governmental power, but the military budget is never big enough for them, their answer to crime always seems to involve little more than more cops with less restrictions and more prisons and less laws restricting the ability of citizens to kill each other............ Well, just how in the hell do they think "governmental power" manifests itself?

It manifests itself in uniformed government employees cracking the skulls of anyone who ".....gets out of line.". It manifests itself in "protesters" being gagged and beaten. It manifests itself in government making it difficult to impossible to fight corporate abuses.

So, tell me;

Authoritarians--now concentrated in the Republican party.
Old 04-23-2016, 06:54 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
No shit!
Old 04-23-2016, 07:11 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Yep. They want freedom for themselves (blue collar whites and their corporate overlords), while keeping the undesirables (blacks, Hispanics, LGBT's, Muslims, etc.) in check via a police state. I think we've seen this before.
Old 04-23-2016, 07:55 PM

They want a big badass military and a matching police force and a whole bunch of guns so they can protect themselves from that big badass military and matching police force
Old 04-23-2016, 07:56 PM

The mantra, long form;
"Nobody and nothing will take away my God given right to take whatever I want or please from anyone or anything I choose by any means necessary."

Short form;
"I've got mine, fuck you".

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 04-23-2016, 08:06 PM

If the masses behave themselves, follow and obey the law, do not protest about any injustices, god forbid do not get sick and if they do, die quietly; they are more easily governed. And this is far less expensive which is the main goal.

This master plan has one fatal flaw though, why would you arm the population that you wish to make docile?
Old 04-23-2016, 08:09 PM
Ready

Because their arms are irrelevant. No one can conduct a point defense against the government.