Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-18-2016, 07:52 AM
Persona non grata

Why $100 Bills and €500 Notes May Soon Be Killed Off

I really don't like this at all.

I put it in the conspiracy forum because I think the government's real motive is to move us to a cashless economy so that they can track our every transaction.

http://time.com/money/4226174/kill-1...uro-phase-out/

Quote:
Large currency denominations are associated with crime. They also make it easier to withdraw large cash sums from banks.
continue
Old 02-18-2016, 07:54 AM
Ready

The real motive is to move to a cashless society so the banks can charge us for every transaction.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:36 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
The real motive is to move to a cashless society so the banks can charge us for every transaction.
Bam! Give the man a Kewpie Doll!
Old 02-18-2016, 09:05 AM
Persona non grata

A $100 dollar bill today is roughly equivalent to a $10 bill when I was a child first learning the value of money in the 1950's. Today a $10 bill is worth about what a $1 bill was back then, and a buck today buys what a dime used to. So why is a $100 bill considered too big? If you ask me, we need more of them, not less, and we ought to even consider bring back the $500, maybe even the $1,000.

I don't like all these electronic transactions made with plastic cards so I always carry three or four hundred in cash. To do so I have to have my wallet stuffed with 20's to the point where it's hard to close. It pisses me off. But 20's are all I can get out of the ATM. To get decent sized bills I have to go to my credit union and trade in my 20's for 50's or 100's. But then if you try to spend them the cashier at say the grocery store tries to guilt trip you by giving you a funny look, then holding the bill up to the light and squinting at it, and then finally taking out a magic marker and putting a stripe on it before stashing it under the drawer instead of in it. What the fuck is that all about?

Last edited by Tom Joad; 02-18-2016 at 09:08 AM.
Old 02-18-2016, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
A $100 dollar bill today is roughly equivalent to a $10 bill when I was a child first learning the value of money in the 1950's. Today a $10 bill is worth about what a $1 bill was back then, and a buck today buys what a dime used to.

I don't like all these electronic transactions made with plastic cards so I always carry three or four hundred in cash. To do so I have to have my wallet stuffed with 20's to the point where it's hard to close. It pisses me off. But 20's are all I can get out of the ATM. To get decent sized bills I have to go to my credit union and trade in my 20's for 50's or 100's. But then if you try to spend them the cashier at say the grocery store tries to guilt trip you by giving you a funny look, then holding the bill up to the light and squinting at it, and then finally taking out a magic marker and putting a stripe on it before stashing it under the drawer instead of in it. What the fuck is that all about?

Holding the bill up to the light is to see the coded strip embedded in the paper which identifies the bill as genuine.

Marking the bill with the special pen is a way of identifying the paper used as genuine. It changes color from brown to black on counterfeits that use wood fiber paper.

The funny look is all about you.
Old 02-18-2016, 09:19 AM
Ready

When they first started doing it, at this one place where I knew the cashier I made a production of holding the $1.00 bill i got in change up to the light to inspect it. Good for a laugh....
Old 02-18-2016, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
A $100 dollar bill today is roughly equivalent to a $10 bill when I was a child first learning the value of money in the 1950's. Today a $10 bill is worth about what a $1 bill was back then, and a buck today buys what a dime used to. So why is a $100 bill considered too big? If you ask me, we need more of them, not less, and we ought to even consider bring back the $500, maybe even the $1,000.

Getting old sucks doesn't it?
Old 02-18-2016, 09:57 AM
Rational Anarchist

Love my plastic. Get a kickback with every purchase and a free short-term loan to boot.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:02 AM
Ready

There are slot machines that typically pay off three quarters every time you put in four.....
Old 02-18-2016, 10:06 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Getting old sucks doesn't it?
Damn straight.