Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-23-2016, 11:03 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
So, have you really missed what the supporters of both Trump and Sanders are all about? ....and the last 7 years weren't an exercise in the expansion of the power of the federal gov't?
I'm just trying to figure out how Republicans can still claim to be the party of "small, non-interfering government" as they openly seek to run the entire world (by force, if necessary) and use the muscle of government to advance their religious beliefs. (Among other things.)

Little of what they say actually fits what they do. They are very ambitious when it comes to manipulating the minds of the public.

And, BTW; Thanks for pointing out that there is little difference in quality of character between Republican and Democratic Parties. However, being a Sanders supporter, I haven't a clue what you were talking about with that comment or how Bernie and the spoiled rich kid have anything in common.
Old 04-24-2016, 09:44 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
My ass is fine.

It's amazing how beside the point the 'rightness' or 'wrongness' of the answers is.
Wrong as in incorrect.

Understand that you don't get it and are amazed.
Old 04-24-2016, 10:01 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I'm just trying to figure out how Republicans can still claim to be the party of "small, non-interfering government" as they openly seek to run the entire world (by force, if necessary) and use the muscle of government to advance their religious beliefs. (Among other things.)

Little of what they say actually fits what they do. They are very ambitious when it comes to manipulating the minds of the public.

And, BTW; Thanks for pointing out that there is little difference in quality of character between Republican and Democratic Parties. However, being a Sanders supporter, I haven't a clue what you were talking about with that comment or how Bernie and the spoiled rich kid have anything in common.
The Donald and Bernie are a clear demonstration that a significant portion of each party are mad as hell about the political status quo. I see this as their primary commonality. They are also old white guys from blue states.

I think the popularity of both their campaigns demonstrates that many are concerned about the disappearance of representative government. I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist here and won't until the tree of liberty is watered with tyrant and citizen blood.

Last edited by nailer; 04-24-2016 at 10:16 AM.
Old 04-24-2016, 10:05 AM

When Obama presidency goes into history books, the most important item would be the seven years (soon to be eight) of Republican obstructionism he faced in Congress.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post

The Republicans are no more the "party of small, non-interfering government" any more than the Dems are the "party of the little guy". Those are marketing slogans, nothing more. Big money campaign contributions and lobbying have so corrupted both parties that they are far more alike in than they are different. I've come to believe that the major parties keep the body politic focused on silly social issues to keep us from noticing that our political class has sold the country to the highest bidder several times over.

As far as Sanders and Trump, I think they've both tapped into a common nerve with their respective constituents. That common nerve is the one that says "My party doesn't represent my interests anymore."
Old 04-26-2016, 10:44 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
As far as Sanders and Trump, I think they've both tapped into a common nerve with their respective constituents. That common nerve is the one that says "My party doesn't represent my interests anymore."
Trump doesn't represent the interests of his constituency's majority.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:49 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
The Republicans are no more the "party of small, non-interfering government" any more than the Dems are the "party of the little guy". Those are marketing slogans, nothing more. Big money campaign contributions and lobbying have so corrupted both parties that they are far more alike in than they are different. I've come to believe that the major parties keep the body politic focused on silly social issues to keep us from noticing that our political class has sold the country to the highest bidder several times over.

Your best post ever. Very nice, good job.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:52 AM
reflexionar

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Your best post ever. Very nice, good job.
+1...Agreed. I was going to post a similar post, but you beat me to it. Now I don't have to.