Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2018, 10:13 AM

Love this article:

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/7...gation-scandal

Justin Trudeau’s attempt to build a political brand on the premise that he is the only non-shitty man ever to live has finally crashed up against the rocks of actual reality. We all make mistakes: sexism has its hooks deep inside all of us. But you also have to own your past ethical failures if you are going to appoint yourself the Grand Inquisitor of sexual harassment. He expelled two MPs from caucus in 2014 at the first hint of sexual impropriety, and routinely justified shooting first and questioning later as the only appropriate response to such allegations from truly committed feminists. Of course, it turns out now that this standard apparently applies to everyone but the prime minister.

Trudeau would be well advised not to wear a heavy crown unless his spine is strong enough to support it. Otherwise, it will start to appear to others that he was always more concerned with a branding exercise than a substantive commitment to justice.

But since you brought it up, Finn:

It always cracks me up that, as public a figure as Trump was, he was never labelled a racist, homophobic or misogynist until he ran for office. Yet those labels are used almost generically by the left when discussing their political opponents. Some of you have attempted to attach those labels to me, yet you know nothing at all about me.

You accuse me of "deflection" in this thread, but isn't that exactly what you're doing trying to change the topic to Trump? Some would cast that as a tacit defense of Trudeau's actions. But not me...