Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-17-2014, 09:42 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Sounds interesting if they can get it past the hard heads on both sides, there's nothing in the status quo for the folks caught between them.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Israel is actually quite happy with the status quo. In fact, Tel Aviv is pretty much oblivious to what's going on in Gaza (or the West Bank). They have absolute military superiority and continue to build settlements. After Kerry's inability to get the sides together, one could easily enough say that we were the only ones who actually wanted a change to the status quo.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:54 PM
Admin

Kerry should've known better than to trust that Romney lovin' prick Bebe Netanyahu.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:05 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Israel has invaded Gaza, per news ticker beneath British Open re-run.

I have no data...
I don't like either one of them.

They both give me a case of the ass.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:33 AM

I can not but think if Israel were to treat the Palestinians as equals and stop the settlements. Give back some of the land seized. Take the high road and treat them as neighbors. The populace would come around and stop supporting Humas.

But blowing up homes and killing families will only incite after all.

It seems to me the Israelis want to wipe them off the map. They need look back at their own history of not so long ago and see the error in this.

Barney
Old 07-18-2014, 08:25 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
I can not but think if Israel were to treat the Palestinians as equals and stop the settlements. Give back some of the land seized. Take the high road and treat them as neighbors. The populace would come around and stop supporting Humas.

It seems to me the Israelis want to wipe them off the map. They need look back at their own history of not so long ago and see the error in this.

Barney
Exactly. They have become what they despise. Hence my acidic reference to "Lebensraum".

Dave
Old 07-18-2014, 10:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post

Barney
I would suggest you have it backwards, Barney. The day the last rocket or mortar round is lobbed into an Israeli town will be the day the conflict ends.

History? Here's the history. The rest of the world left the Jews of Europe hanging out to dry and twisting in the wind for 10 years. And now anybody thinks that Jews should trust anybody? That's the history they're looking at. That's the only history they should be looking at when considering what they oughta do to protect themselves from the annihilation promised by their friendly pacifistic neighbors who only want peace. The Palestinian populace will never come around. What history has shown is that if the populace were to stop supporting Hamas it will be in favor of those worse than Hamas. The Palestinian people have already shifted their support from old, worn out terrorist organizations like the PLO in favor of fresh and energetic terrorist organizations like Hezbollah and Hamas.

Leave the Jews of Israel alone, no more mortars, no more rockets, no more maniacs with 5 pounds of gelignite strapped to their ass in an open market in Tel Aviv, and it all goes away, right away...and the Palestinians of the West Bank and Gaza will have nobody to blame for their misery but their own leaders...and themselves.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:55 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Ike, I'd add, that the prejudice/hatred against Jews is such a persistent thing throughout at least Western history. Ebbs and flows. If I were them I'd be worried about it and I'm sure they are.

Pete

P.S. - stop being so racist
Old 07-19-2014, 08:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Ike, I'd add, that the prejudice/hatred against Jews is such a persistent thing throughout at least Western history. Ebbs and flows. If I were them I'd be worried about it and I'm sure they are.

Pete

P.S. - stop being so racist
OK I'll stop immediately. And yes indeed...underneath all the alleged calmness observed in Haifa and Tel Aviv...they're worried, all Israelis are worried about their existence, and they're worried every day.

Prejudice against Jews (risking the Godwin's Law meme here), appears to be persistent throughout the history of left-leaning political web forums as well. And they're all pretty much the same. Twelve page circle-jerks...it's them, no it's them, no it's both...etc., etc., for another half-dozen pages until everybody tires of it and goes on to the next twelve pages of benghazi or the IRS.

Of course Israel is a little different...it's the existence of an historically and currently oppressed people and not who's favorite vote whore is good or bad.

So as far as Israel is concerned, I make my statement...and get the fuck out of it.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 07-19-2014 at 08:22 AM.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:28 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

If any of the BS that Israel has often just put up with happened here we would stomp the assailants flat. It wouldn't be about hurting them, it would be about destroying them.

Pete
Old 07-18-2014, 10:38 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
If any of the BS that Israel has often just put up with happened here we would stomp the assailants flat. It wouldn't be about hurting them, it would be about destroying them.

Pete
If any of the BS that Palestinians have often just put up with happened here we would stomp the assailants flat. It wouldn't be about hurting them, it would be about destroying them.

We stomp people flat if they happen to have a resource that we want.

We stomp people flat at the drop of a hat, and we'll drop the hat ourselves.

Last edited by Tom Joad; 07-18-2014 at 10:42 AM.