Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:15 PM
Administrator

Welfare were do you stand ?

Were do you stand on this. Should people be allowed to stay at home collecting checks without trying to better themselves ?

Should there be a limit as to how many children are supported to stop some from constantly popping them out to increase their take home pay ?

Thoughts ? Rants ?

Grumpy
Old 06-22-2009, 05:19 PM

Did you see what one of Obama's first "acts" was. Repealing some deal that required female recipients to do a work search. I'll look up the facts for the doubters later. I guess they need to stay home and "mother" the little buggers.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:59 PM
Administrator

The only thing they will do if allowed to stay at home is reproduce..
Old 06-22-2009, 07:07 PM

Yep, that's how they get their raises. I work in the city occasionally and will go to a burger joint or the like for lunch, and it never ceases to amaze me how many able bodied "people" are in there that are obviously NOT working. Not unless they have a job that allows them to wear their pants around their ankles, and display gang sign shit. Funny thing though, they allways order better shit than I do. I'd be willing to bet that 90% of them have a women with a passle of youngins sittin in a section 8 somewhere.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:22 PM

our country's welfare system in totally screwed, no doubt about it. i live in an area where i'd be hard pressed to say what percentage of the population is receiving some sort of benefits, but would not hesitate to say it's well over half.

and when i see some fat, nasty woman in the grocery store, pushing two buggies slap full of meat, with at least 5 kids running around the store, unsupervised, it definitely makes me angry.

i've sat behind teenaged girls in high school and overheard them talking about having another baby so they would get a bigger check. on more than several occasions.

unfortunately, you just can't cut of the welfare. if suddenly the checks stopped coming, there would be anarchy. all the people who could no longer receive support would NOT go out and find jobs, they would start breaking into houses and businesses.

and you almost can't blame them for not working. there are certainly not any good jobs available to them, mostly due to their lack of skills and education. and if they take a low-wage job, their benefits get cut, and they suffer financially. they are better off drawing benefits!

sad thing is, it's the children who suffer. they come into the world dependent on government aid. they are raised by people who are dependent on government aid. they are surrounded by people who are dependent on government aid. it's no surprise that they wind up receiving benefits themselves.

there are no simple solutions, but i have a couple of ideas. one, any person receiving benefits should have to perform community service in exchange. there are plenty of things that local governments are paying people to do that welfare recipients could take care of, if nothing more than picking up trash. two, you have to educate them. if they can't get a job because they lack skills, then provide them with skills.

to quote an old addage: give a man a fish and feed him for a day. teach a man to fish and feed him for life.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:40 AM
Resident octogenarian

One question, do you really think you can raise a child on what they pay out? I will admit that there are women out there stupid enough to think they can but perhaps we should have educated them better than we have.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:58 PM
Abby Normal

The image of welfare and the reality of it seem to never cross paths.

Personally I am thankful I don't have to live as people on welfare live.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:01 PM
Administrator

Its a game that some play in big metro areas. How much can they milk from the goberment without ever lifting a finger or breaking a sweat.

Years and years spent living in slum conditions raising children, popping out kid after kid to support themselves. The ones who suffer are the children. Not to mention they grow up knowing nothing other then how to milk the system and be just like their babys mother.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:13 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Its a game that some play in big metro areas. How much can they milk from the goberment without ever lifting a finger or breaking a sweat.

Years and years spent living in slum conditions raising children, popping out kid after kid to support themselves. The ones who suffer are the children. Not to mention they grow up knowing nothing other then how to milk the system and be just like their babys mother.

This takes place in the metro areas you say.....
Old 06-23-2009, 03:24 PM
Administrator

Takes place everywhere. More so in the larger metro areas. Smart ass !