Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:53 PM
Area Man

I will say that I liked Obamas emphasis on the long term, as well as the transitory issues of the day.

I also was refreshed to see that he stood up for himself this time.

Regards,
Dave
Old 10-16-2012, 09:53 PM

Being a Ron Paul supporter..I think Romney got his clock cleaned tonite...Obama was more positive on his answers toward the people...and Mitts answers were more for damage control. and I noticed that a lot of questions were irrelevant to the what the American people NEED vs what the current events are...just sayin that a lot of questions should have been put to them in a press conference...not a debate....

Ron Paul would have cleaned both their clocks... my opinion only .... but I'm biased....hehehe.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:59 PM

Hey Gary!
I was thinking about you the other day, not having seen you check in recently.

Carl
Old 10-16-2012, 09:59 PM

Ron Paul rocks. But the truth is boring. Such is the dichotomy.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:00 PM

Hey Carl....miss you guys....
Old 10-16-2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I will say that I liked Obamas emphasis on the long term, as well as the transitory issues of the day.

I also was refreshed to see that he stood up for himself this time.

Regards,
Dave
Yeah, only a total idiot could think that we could dig out of this mess in 4 years. Or 8 actually. Took out a whole generation of prosperity, all that unfunded crap.

Carl
Old 10-16-2012, 10:04 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by budgetaudio6 View Post
BRUTAL!!!!!! But facinating! For once i can bear barry speaking.
Laugh a minute.
You go budge!
Let me preface with saying that I am as partisan as anyone can be. I'm multi-generationally a Democrat, so I realize that my impressions are weighted towards our incumbent Democratic President. buuutttt
I'll just say Barry crushed him. I don't see how R$R can recoup this drubbing in the time they have left. I have to get revisionist about the first debate, does any here remember 'Rope a Dope'? Dayum, who would've thought that Obama has been studying the fight tapes of Ali instead of Romney?

I've already heard the left winger talking heads at Current calling it a draw...which strikes me as disengenuous but what the hell? They have to employ people, too.The news monsters have a vested interest in drawing it out, whether it be Fox, MSNBC or little teensey tiny CurrentTV. So, whatever.

I was taking notes thru out and most of them were Romney's statements follow by ? marks.
Like, Romney is for tariffs? Are you effin' kidding me?How are they going to walk that one back?
Old 10-16-2012, 10:21 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
Yeah, only a total idiot could think that we could dig out of this mess in 4 years. Or 8 actually. Took out a whole generation of prosperity, all that unfunded crap.

Carl
Did you notice how the president maneuvered Romney into admitting the Bush presidency (And GOP majorities in both house and senate 2000-'06.) was an utter disaster? I could hear Roves a-hole slap shut all the way down here.

Last edited by BlueStreak; 10-16-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:26 PM
Admin

There was an angry black man on stage tonite. An angry black man who was president of the Harvard Law Review and wasn't taking any more shit about Libya from a bunch of pikers who's first thought was to make political hay off of Ambassador Stevens still warm body.

Whoosh, all net. for all of you sports fans
Old 10-16-2012, 10:28 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Did you notice how the president maneuvered Romney into admitting the Bush presidency (And GOP majorities in both house and senate 2000-'06.) was an utter disaster? I could hear Roves a-hole slap shut all the way down here.
Wasn't that an earthquake? Naw, that was Rove pounding on the floor with both fists and feet, a'wailing.